Menu
Evosite_Kieran
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

mx.mnd.ukmail.iss.as9143.net is blocking our emails

Hi,

Could we be removed from your black list as we cannot contact any blueyonder.co.uk email addresses through our mail server.

We had a breach around 2 weeks ago which has since been resolved but this is still affecting our clients.

I will provide our IP through a private email chain, thank you.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: mx.mnd.ukmail.iss.as9143.net is blocking our emails

If you're seeing a bounce message

Your IP address is in the RBL - then you need to be aware that Virgin Media DO NOT run the RBL itself.  It's run by an independent third party.

You can usually find out which blacklist your IP address is on by using tools such as:

https://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx
http://whatismyipaddress.com/blacklist-check

You can then approach the RBL provider to ask them that you be delisted.  Note - many RBL's do automatically delist a server after a given period of time if no further spam is seen, one of the longest I've seen is UCE PROTECT at 7 days.

HTH

Tim

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
Evosite_Kieran
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

blacklist:mail.evosite.co.uk

I have run this on MXtoolbox and we are not blacklisted on any of them?

Could you possibly help?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Fair enough. In which case can we please see the exact error/bounce message you are getting. Do not post mail headers at this stage, just the bounce message.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Many people make the mistake of thinking that the IP address of the mail server they send their emails through is the actual IP address of the outbound server that tries delivering the mail.

mail.evosite.co.uk is at best a submission server but more likely a gateway proxy.

To give an example the SMTP server address I connect to is smtp.blueyonder.co.uk.  However, when the connection is made - my computer is actually connecting to a proxy with the connection going to one of 16 servers in the 80.0.253.64/24 block.

If you check the address of the server that delivered the bounce message - in most cases that would be the outbound server that tried delivering the mail to Virgin Media - That is the IP you need to inspect.

Incidentally - looking at your domain - I see 2 SPF records.  You should only have one.  If you use both sets of servers then you should combine the two records into one.

Ravenstar68

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.