Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
antmullan

login to virgin.net email from sign in screen (or not!)

Why, all of a sudden, am I unable to access my email via the normal virgin media sign in screen using a chrome or IE browser when I can still access it perfectly normally using Outlook or my ipad?

I get failed password messages...but if I try to reset the password it tells me that it doesn't recognise my email address which I know is valid and I continue to use via the ipad/Outlook.

Very frustrating!

Please use plain text.
Usually Always Right
Steve_Brett

Re: login to virgin.net email from sign in screen (or not!)

Hi antmullan

If the mail address in question is the one you have used for your forum mail address, then this mail address has been purged from our systems as it is linked to a disconnected ADSL account.
The mail address can be ported through to your cable broadband account but this would require a call to our support line as security will need to be cleared on both the old and the new accounts before this address can be ported across.
Kind Regards,

Steve Brett
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
tr1shs

This is the same problem I am experiencing.  We use three different virgin.net addresses and for a while I could get into none of them, a few days ago I managed to access all three for a while, yesterday I could only get into the primary one, and today so far, none!  Yet, all three work on my newly acquired ipod (which I don't really know how to use properly yet).

I had to register for this forum using a none virgin email account as I was unable to access the confirmation email when I first tried to register using my virgin.net email.  I did eventually manage this, so maybe, if I can manage to login ,  I will add another post to this thread using that login and see if any customer services help person can come up with any further help from that.

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
trishs

Here I am again !  Posting from my original registration which I could not complete last week, and from my primary email address.

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
antmullan

Steve

Thanks for this....some clarification would help though please.

1. This happens for my wife's email address too.

2. I transferred from being a National Customer to a Cable customer many months ago...but it's only recently that I have experienced this issue - is that right?

3. I do have a virginmedia.com email address that was set up when I became a Cable customer, but it's not the one I want to use.

4. The accounts are definitely still active....I just can't access them from the web sign in screen.

5. What telephone number do I call to have this rectified - try as I might, I can't find it.

Thanks for your help and your earlier response

Please use plain text.
Captain Clued-Up
Peter_Li

Hello antmullan,

Without going into actual account details due to DPA needs to be passed,

1. If your wife's Email address was on the same account as yours, it would be the same with that one.

2. Usually Email accounts get disconnected 90 days after the account got closed, but can sometimes stay active longer then that

3. If we move your Email addresses over to the new account, they would replace any Email already set up on it, so your Virginmedia.com email address would be gone.

4. If the email accounts are still active, but not accessible anymore and they are on a old national account, then there shouldn't be any problem for us to move them to your new account

5. You will need to call technical support on 151 for free from a Virginmedia phone line or 0845 454 1111 (chargeable) from any other phone line and an agent will help you with this issue.

Peter L
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?

Please use plain text.