Menu
alanpicton
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

logging into email

Anyone have similar problems to me logging into their emails on a mac with OS 10.12.2?

Happens a lot...very frustrating.If anyone has solved this problem I'd be grateful for any help.

0 Kudos
polly43
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: logging into email

I can't log in at all now!  I logged in this evening and dealt with most of my mail, then found I couldn't move my important mail into any of the folders.  The 'Move' button didn't work!  I couldn't even drag the mail into the folders!  I tried logging out and trying again in a fresh browser, but kept getting error messages that the website is down.  Is it just me or is anyone else experiencing this? I'm not using a Mac, but a new PC running Windows 10.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi alanpicton,

Apologies for your MacMail issues. I suspect that one of resident Forum Mac users may be best equipped to help with this.

But I have considered whether or not something from our side might be affecting you. My tests though show that your connection looks stable and, if your Mail client is the only thing experiencing problems, then it's unlikely that any network or Hub problem would have an impact.

If anyone can help with this it might be useful to provide a little more information about what's happening:

• What is the exact nature of the problem you're experiencing?
  • Are you unable to login?
  • Or are you having difficulty with either sending or receiving mail?
  • Are you able to access webmail successfully?

Please provide any other information that may help us in diagnosing what's happening.

It might also be worth looking for help on Apple Support or perhaps you could post on the Mac Forum?

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi polly43,

Sorry that you are also having issues, though, from what you've posted,  I suspect you are using webmail rather than a client.

We are aware of intermittent webmail access issues, and this may be what's affecting you. We are working on a fix for this but whilst waiting it might be worth you considering setting up an email client. Windows 10 will allow you a choice of email clients, such as: Thunderbird, Opera Mail and others.

Your email server settings can be found on our help pages:

And Microsoft provide support here:
Microsoft's Windows 10 Mail set-up

Hope this helps but keep us updated so we can provide further support if needed Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
polly43
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jen,

I don't want to use an e-mail client on my PC this time around (with my new PC)  I want to keep all my e-mail entirely online.  That's why I set up Virgin Media webmail to receive mail from all my Virgin e-mail addresses.  I got used to taking very strong security measures with my old PC as it was still running Windows XP, so saw no reason why I shouldn't continue that way with my new PC (Windows 10 Home) in view of the increasing amount of malware and stuff out there now. 

The 'Move' button is working again in the Webmail now, but I still have difficulty signing into it.  I got a very peculiar sign-in page this evening; one I had never seen before.  However, when I signed in using this, I got a message saying 'Forbidden' at the top!  So I closed my browser and started again.  (I've got my browser set so that all history, cookies, passwords, etc. are automatically deleted when it is closed; again because of security)  This time I got the normal page, which allowed me to sign in but then again it stalled before loading my mail.  No amount of clicking 'Cntrl & F5' could get me in either!  Finally, I logged into 'Virgin Home' and got into my e-mail from there! 

So much palava getting into my e-mail account!  I'm reluctant to abandon Virgin Mail altogether, but the way things are going, I'm going to have to.  Googlemail is so much more reliable and that is essential for mail.  It's useless having a situation where sometimes you can and sometimes you can't access your mail!  To be honest, I'm wondering if Virgin really wants to host webmail any morel and is doing it's best to put people off using it to give it an excuse to close it down altogether!  Smiley Mad

NB:  Many thanks for the links though Jen.  I've made a note of them and the Help instructions links.  It's good to have safe download links.  Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
polly43
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

(A Month later)

Still having problems with this; every single day, in fact.  I don't see the point of providing a Webmail service if it is not ever going to work properly!  It takes several attempts to sign in now!  Sometimes I can get in via the e-mail link on Virgin's Home Page and sometimes, from my saved direct link.  It's very hit or miss and there is a very long wait every time-however I manage to (eventually) sign in!  Also more often then not, when I do manage it, I still have to keep proving I am 'Not a Robot!'

I have had to stop using all of my Virgin web addresses now because the whole thing is so unreliable, but I have my Google Mail going into my Virgin Web Mail  account as a backup and so I need to log in from time to time, if only check my other Virgin addresses and to keep the numbers of e-mails from building up too much.

0 Kudos