Menu
plainenglish
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

io.ox/mail blue screen

this is my first posting, so please be patient.  i do not like capital letters.  my first comment is that i've a warning message on this page stating 'please correct the highlighted errors and try again'.  i see no errors and the only highlighted thing is the message itself - yellow highlight like a marker pen with a triangle containing an exclamation mark.  beneath the word 'body' it says 'html' and 'preview',  and 'rich text'.  no idea what that means in this context.  i'll google 'html' later (if i remember).

my main reason for joining vm's community is that an hour ago  - when i clicked on vm's  tab/bookmark (whatever it's called) in order to read my e-mails i was surprised to see a blue screen named 'io.ox/mail' or something similar.  i went straight to vm's 'help' button and found this community's forums.  i was absolutely appalled to see postings from obviously frustrated people writing about the nasty blue screen.  what's the latest on that problem?  why was it not fixed immediately?  as i cannot send an e-mail to vm i thought this forum may be useful.  by the way, why can i not send vm an e-mail?  i may be 87 years old but i prefer e-mail to snail-mail, and i hate using the phone.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
plainenglish
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: io.ox/mail blue screen

thank you.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

BillC's covered most of it.

Just to clarify what Rich Text is - it's a way of storing documents which includes formatting information.  Windows actually comes with Wordpad which stores it's documents in Rich Text Format.

This site uses Rich Text format to format the reply and then converts it to html - except sometimes it doesn't like the HTML generated and strips out any it deems to be not needed.  Usually if you hit post a second time the post goes through correctly.

Ravenstar68

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
plainenglish
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

many thanks.
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Blue screen - see this -

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/OX-blue-thing-in-webmail/m-p/3277506/highlight/true#M13724...

It has been fixed (repeatedly) but I'm afraid things go wrong with EVERY email service, with varying frequency, so you might see it again.

If you haven't heard of Hypertext-markup-language (HTML) by now, then there is probably no need for you to learn about it, but here is a link to Wikipedia which tells you all about it -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTML.

Here is VM's "Contact Us" page - 

http://www.virginmedia.com/contact-us.html

0 Kudos
plainenglish
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

thank you.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

BillC's covered most of it.

Just to clarify what Rich Text is - it's a way of storing documents which includes formatting information.  Windows actually comes with Wordpad which stores it's documents in Rich Text Format.

This site uses Rich Text format to format the reply and then converts it to html - except sometimes it doesn't like the HTML generated and strips out any it deems to be not needed.  Usually if you hit post a second time the post goes through correctly.

Ravenstar68

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
plainenglish
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

many thanks.
0 Kudos