Menu
JohnFinn
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

how to save email contacts in address book

Am I dim. Must be missing the most obvious symbol in Virgin Email!! Or am I? When I receive an email if I want to save that contact to my address book I can't do it. What do you click? I have to right click on the contact, write it down, then manually type it into address book. C'mon, that's so 19th Century!! Help please!!!!

0 Kudos
Magic66
Dialled in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: how to save email contacts in address book

Hi JohnFinn,

Welcome to the Forums!

I am assuming you are using Web Mail to access your emails - therefore try the following:

1. Open the respective email.
  2. At the top of the email under the Subject line, you will see a small envelope icon and next to this will be the Senders details in bold.
  3. Move the cursor to the Senders details (it will underline) and then left click.
  4. A new window will open.
  5. At the top of this window there is a link in red: Add to Address Book.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Magic66

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Or read and use the VM comprehensive help file on this issue here:

https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
JohnFinn
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Magic, kind of you to take the time!

Did what you said but didn't see anything in the pop up window that said add to address book. However it does help me to save the email address and just paste it in when I set up a new contact. So big help! But this is such a basic thing I want to do, it shouldn't require too much investigation! It gives you options but not to save contact which is normally there in most email providers. Hey ho, thanks again.

John

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

JohnFinn wrote:

Thanks Magic, kind of you to take the time!

Did what you said but didn't see anything in the pop up window that said add to address book. However it does help me to save the email address and just paste it in when I set up a new contact. So big help! But this is such a basic thing I want to do, it shouldn't require too much investigation! It gives you options but not to save contact which is normally there in most email providers. Hey ho, thanks again.

John

So when you click on the senders details you are not seeing this pop up window with the add to address book option?

add to address book.PNG

I wonder if it is a browser issue, have you tried accessing VM webmail from a different browser? Do you still not see the add to address book link?

Magic66
Dialled in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi JohnFinn,

Was just about to drop you a screenshot example... but Graham_A beat me to it Smiley Happy

Not sure what is going on here as I even used the link provided by HowardML and the instructions are essentially the same as mine.

Just a couple more questions to ensure we are all on the right page:

1. Are you using Web Mail via an Internet Browser to access your emails and NOT Email Client software?
  2. If above is correct; are you trying to add an email address to the VM Address Book and NOT a third party Address Book?

I know my questions may seem obviously simple, but I often find that some things get lost in translation!

Kind regards,

Magic66

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

For reasons best know to Virgin Media's webmail provider the mobile UI does not show the Add to address book link:
2017-12-06-01.jpeg

Whereas the desktop UI does:
2017-12-06-02.jpeg

Magic66
Dialled in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the information 用心棒 - I never really considered a difference within the Mobile User Interface Smiley Embarassed

Always happy to learn something new and build my knowledge further.

Kind regards,

Magic66

0 Kudos
JohnFinn
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Whoah! Just tried again and it comes up with add to address book! Thanks again for your help. You've changed my life!

0 Kudos
JohnFinn
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hurray, it's working now! Thanks for taking the time to help.

0 Kudos