Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
Emerging Talent
mafew5
Helpful Answer

how to get rid of my ntl e-mail account

I already have an e-mail account with someone else and do NOT want this e-mail account,It was installed without prior knowledge and I do not use it except to just DELETE the messages,PLEASE can someone help me to disable this account....

mafew5

Please use plain text.
Dr. Yes
John_O

Re: how to get rid of my ntl e-mail account

Hi mafew5,

We will need to clear DPA before actioning this for you. As we are unable to do this here, can I ask you to contact our Technical Support team on 151 from a Virgin Media line (0845 454 1111 from any other line) and one of our agents will look into this for you.

Regards,

John O

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.
Please use plain text.
Wizard
donford

mafew5 wrote:

I already have an e-mail account with someone else and do NOT want this e-mail account,It was installed without prior knowledge and I do not use it except to just DELETE the messages,PLEASE can someone help me to disable this account....

mafew5

The simplest way until Technical Services are able to delete the account is just to not log into Webmail, then you will never even see the messages.

Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
mafew5

Hi Donford,the only trouble with that.....is that I accumalate thousands of e-mails and have to get rid of more if I do not do it daily,which in the long run is not a solution to my problem,but thank you anyway for your input..........

Please use plain text.
Omniscient
slated

mafew5 wrote:

Hi Donford,the only trouble with that.....is that I accumalate thousands of e-mails and have to get rid of more if I do not do it daily,which in the long run is not a solution to my problem,but thank you anyway for your input..........

eh? Just cut loose. You don't have to delete anything, just close the door and walk away, so to speak.

If it really preys on your mind, the thought of all those emails building up, just set up a filter to delete everything that arrives.

Emerging Talent
mafew5

Hi john O,  I contacted YOUR Technical Support TEAM and got told that if I wanted to get rid of my e-mail account I would have to get rid of my NTL account altogether.....if I can have an e-mail account put on my computer without MY consent and I do NOT want it....and cannot get rid....then whose computer am I using....it should be MY choice and not Virgin`s,I appologise for this as I am fuming....surely if you put it on...then you can take it off.........

Please use plain text.
Omniscient
slated

No body has put an email account on your computer.

The email account exists, it is an integral part of the VM package.

But you do not have to use it, or look at it, or even let it touch your computer in any way at all.

What is the actual issue - what is troubling you?

Emerging Talent
mafew5

Hello slated,I have been a member of NTL long before it became Virgin,and I have been with this company for a long,long time WITHOUT the E-Mail service so it is not an integral part of the package....as it is on my computer it does and is "touching it"as you say....all I wanted was for the account to be removed,it is taking up space on my computer and as the owner of my computer,I have a right to remove anything I want removed...

Please use plain text.
Omniscient
slated

help me understand this one - how is this email account 'on your computer'?

An email account is something which exists outside of your computer. It is hosted on the email servers of the service provider.

At your choice, you can install and configure software such as Outlook, on your computer, for the purpose of accessing and interacting with the email account - your choice. And of course you can choose not to.

What is it that you believe has been forcibly installed on your computer against your wishes?

Emerging Talent
mafew5

Hi slated,Like the E-Mail service I already have I can go to my control panel and UNINSTALL it....with Virgin E-Mail I cannot uninstall it,Virgin sent me an e-mail to say that they have given me a new e-mail service,I didn`t have an e-mail service from Virgin,but in their infinite wisdom NOW I do,so it is virgin that put it on my computer with all the other virgin stuff that is on it,and as I do NOT know which is which I myself cannot uninstall the e-mail part,and I thought that someone out there in the big wide world could be of some help to me.........I will admit to trying for as long as I have had the virgin e-mail account to trying for that long to get rid of it and I cannot without help........

Please use plain text.