Menu
Pleasehelpme1
Joining in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

how to change profile email account

My email provider is discontinuing. I need to change the email I use to log into Virgin Media. I cant find any way to do it. Live chat is not working. Neither 150 nor the alternative are recognised by my phone, which I assume is a fault. Previously I was given a set of irrelevant options and kept hanging on for ages.  What can I do... other than, obviously, change Broadband/Media supplier. 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 13 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: how to change profile email account

If you hang on for a couple of days the forum team will be along to assist.

@ModTeam

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to do. If you are now a VM customer you need to read through these help files which will guide you on how to connect to your VM e-mail address

https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Pleasehelpme1
Joining in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

No. My account is set up using an old Freeserve email account. This will be discontinued in two months. I want to change the main email (ie the one I log on with) to a gmail one. This was fairly easy with Virgin mobile as you just go into change profile. Plus I was able to phone them. I dont seem to be able to contact anyone in Virgin Media today, even their live chat is down. Plus cant see where this problem would fall under their phone menu options.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

That is because this nothing to do with VM. Are you using VM as your ISP? If not then your query is best posted elsewhere but I can try to help a little once I know. When you say log on do you mean log onto MyVirginMedia using a different address, or log on to Freeserve's web mail or GMail or what? My wife has just gone through the same process and it is easy when you know how. But I need to know a lot more about what you are trying to do. And if you are trying to set up and account on a mail client like Windows Live Mail or OUtlook there is plenty of advice on the web how to do this. You'll need the Gmail server settings for this which are easily found.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Pleasehelpme1
Joining in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I log onto MyVirginMedia using a freeserve address. This is also my main contact for Virgin media. Unless I can find a way to change this I will not be able to log in or receive communication from Virgin. 

It may be easy when you know how. I just don't know how. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Pleasehelpme1 wrote:

I log onto MyVirginMedia using a freeserve address. This is also my main contact for Virgin media. Unless I can find a way to change this I will not be able to log in or receive communication from Virgin. 

It may be easy when you know how. I just don't know how. 

You can change the contact email address that Virgin Media use to send bills etc in the My Profile page of My Virgin Media - in the contact details section.

Changing the log in address for your primary account to another third party email may be possible with staff help.  One of the other Superusers @BenMcr may know the answer.  Otherwise a Forum Team  staff member will respond in a few days.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Details on how to change the username are here https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Pleasehelpme1
Joining in
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

sorry, I may be being really think, but in Virgin media, not virgin mobile, I cannot find "my profile" at the top of the page.

I really have been going round and round.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Pleasehelpme1 wrote:
sorry, I may be being really think, but in Virgin media, not virgin mobile, I cannot find "my profile" at the top of the page.

I really have been going round and round.

When you log into the My Virgin Media pages - link - https://my.virginmedia.com/  with your main account details you should see the following menu options across the top.  My Account My Profile My Bills My Apps My Upgrades & offers etc.  You are best accessing this from a desktop machine rather than a mobile device.

Pleasehelpme1
Joining in
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this but unfortunately I don't. I have these options instead (cut and pasted):

My Virgin Media
Sign out

My account
My bills
My apps
Upgrades
Service status
Virgin TV Anywhere

0 Kudos