Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Making Waves
bill-morgan

how do i create a new ntlworld email id

hi,

I have an existing ntlworld account with the associated ntlworld email and server addresses which work fine on my windows 7 live mail... but i am failing to create another email id because the account manager forces me to use @virginmedia.com and this seems to confuse my windows live mail settings. Am I Just trying to do the impossible?

Please use plain text.
Superuser
Graham_A

Re: how do i create a new ntlworld email id

No one has been able to create new ntlworld email addresses since the merger of nlt and telewest, under the licensed brand name of Virginmedia.  You should be able to create another email id on the virginmedia.com domain as long as you have not used all you account allowances.

The windows live settings for VM addresses are here http://help.virginmedia.com/system/viewArticle.jsp?uuid=AD1C8B01-0E9A-4BF8-A147-5A077FFBFD4A and here http://help.virginmedia.com/system/viewArticle.jsp?uuid=D78BA863-ACDB-47E4-908B-28214405408B

If I have solved your problem please click on the helpful answer button.
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
bill-morgan

I had a horrible feeling I wouldn't be able to create ntlworld id's any more.

I've tried creating a new virginmedia id and adding the settings recomended in my windows live mail, but I can't get it to work. Is this because my managing id (and default id in windows) is still an ntlworld id. I've tried assigning ntlworld and virginmedia addresses to the servers (pop3 and smtp) and neither work. Is it just impossible to add new id's to an old ntlworld account?

I really don't want to get rid of my ntlworld id which I've had for many years and would require a lot of amendments in many places.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
Graham_A

There is no reason why you can't have both an ntlworld email address and a virginmedia.com address at the same time. 

You have probably already done this but just in case you haven't;  you need to first create the new virginmedia.com email account from within My VirginMedia.  Click on the tab at the top right of this page and log in with your ntlworld ID. Goto My Profile, Manage Accounts and select create a new account.

Once you have created you new email address check that it is all working in the Virgin Media mail webmail page. https://mail.virginmedia.com

Now you need to go back to Windows Live Mail and create a new email account by clicking on accounts, email as shown below

newlive1.PNG

Then select manually configure server settings and use the settings from the links I posted earlier.

newlive.PNG

You should then be able to access both your old ntlworld account and your new virginmedia account from Windows live mail

If I have solved your problem please click on the helpful answer button.
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
bill-morgan

tried using the settings as given and failed... many times now...

also tried a variety of permutations which have also all failed...

i,m sending and receiving fine from my ntlworld default id but i just cant get the new id to connect to virginmedia.com...

have to sign off now but will try again later if my laptop is still in one piece...

thanks for the help...

Please use plain text.
Usually Always Right
Steve_Brett

Hi Bill

Please could you advise what error message you are seeing when trying to connect up to your new account in Windows Live Mail.
Kind Regards,

Steve Brett
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?

Please use plain text.