Menu
cdarlow
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

how do I turn off automatic mail selection?

The new web client is automatically jumping the the next email, marking it as read and showing it as selected. This can be turned off in Outlook but I can't find the turn off within Virgin Web Mail - is it available here as well?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: how do I turn off automatic mail selection?

Hi Cdarlow,

Welcome to the forum. I'm not sure the automatic mail selection can be turned off for webmail. I assume this is when you've closed/deleted one mail and it instantly jumps to the next? It might be a bit of a pain but you can right click and mark that mail as unread if you like. I hope this helps. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
ioangw
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have the same question.

It doesn't help me.

0 Kudos
anna3
Settling in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Same here, it's very annoying.

I know it sounds dramatic but i hate this new email. Horrible layout, it hurts my eyes to look at it.

0 Kudos
cdarlow
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes this current version doesn't allow it but Outlook does. Virgin have said they are going to get the Developers to look at it, so we'll have to wait and see :-)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

I am sorry that some features of our new email platform are not as you'd like. I appreciate that trying to adapt to something new can take a little time and hope that you'll soon get more used to the new webmail.

As far as I'm aware there are no current plans to make changes (we still have our other legacy domains to migrate over) but we are taking on board your suggestions in the hopes that these will be taken into consideration if/when future developements are considered.

Best wishes all Smiley Happy

Jen

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
No1_sonuk
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Any news on that update?
Nearly 4 months on and it's STILL annoying.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

I'm really sorry as it has been a while now since mail migration completed and it's high time we addressed some issues raised.

I have put this particular problem to the platform team but need the following information for diagnostic purposes please:

• In which browser or browsers is the first listed email auto-selected?
  • What OS (operating system) do you use?
  • Do any browsers not display this same problem?

As soon as I get your replies I'll add them to the ticket and we'll hopefully make some headway on this.

Many thanks Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
ruth-colly
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Is there a solution yet  - it seems like a reasonable request from the community for auto-select to be disabled if needed. I find it very irritating and am often concerned that I've missed reading an email because it looks 'read'

0 Kudos