Menu
davidjay
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

how can I access my ntlworld.com emails when I no longer have a virginmedia account or a virgin mobile

How do I access my ntlworld.com e-mails now I no longer have a virgin media account and no virgin mobile account as they are unable to provide these services where I live.

I used to be able to access my e-mails via the virgin webmail but am no longer able to do this as my username (e-mail address) and password are no longer recognised.  I am unable to use the forgotten username and password tools as they ask for my account number / details which of course I no longer have 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: how can I access my ntlworld.com emails when I no longer have a virginmedia account or a virgin mobil

Once you cease to be a customer email access is only maintained for 90 days. After that period the account is shut down.

If you are still in the 90 day window you should be able to use an email app such as Thunderbird or Outlook to access the account.
davidjay
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: how can I access my ntlworld.com emails when I no longer have a virginmedia account or a virgin mobil

Thanks but I don't know if we are talking about the same thing as I ended my contracts when I moved in June 2016 and I was still able to access my e-mails via the virginmedia website up until October / November 2016

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sometimes email accounts seem to go on beyond the 90 day period but then get swept away in a later data cleanup exercise by VM.

A Forum Team member will reply in a day or so and will be able to check the exact position with your email address. They will need to check some security details with you via private message.
davidjay
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, it's still a pain in the backside as it is after all just an e-mail address which I do not want to change with a wide number of people, agencies etc but I suppose I will have to suffer the pain of setting it up with outlook or some other e-mail agent Smiley Mad

Just think on this Virgin - I will no longer need to access your website so I will never know if you start providing service where I now live, I will never make use of any offers for mobile phone services etc.  It is just like an aggressive divorce.

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Rising star
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

i'm sure you are on a telephone/address spam list somewhere. all my email addresses get virgin ads and aside from one, virgin have not been given them.

as for the email issue. look at it this way, why should virgin pay for servers to store an increasing number of former customers emails for an indefinite period of time. who pays to maintain and buy future servers. i wouldn't be happy with a price increase because virgin needed to buy servers to hold former customers email info.

i never use isp email addresses for the reason you are having an issue now. .
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: how can I access my ntlworld.com emails when I no longer have a virginmedia account or a virg...

Hello davidjay

I am sorry you are no longer able to access your email address, as Graham stated "Sometimes email accounts seem to go on beyond the 90 day period but then get swept away in a later data cleanup exercise by VM. "

I will send you a forum private message, please reply if you would like us to check the fate of your old email address.

Many thanks

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos