Menu
danie1991
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

get error when trying to read gmail on my virgin account

eoor msg comes p on all my emails on virgin account saying there is problem with gmail although i am trying to read my ntl email

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: get error when trying to read gmail on my virgin account

Hi danie1991,

I'm sorry to hear you're getting an error message that purports to be relating to a Gmail account.  Can I ask how you're accessing your email please?  Is this through Webmail, or a mail client?

Is the error showing in place of the emails, or do you get it in a pop-up?  If you could let us know a bit more about the error and how you're accessing the emails we should be able to offer some solutions.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
danie1991
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

When I try to open or delete gmail its saying there is a fault on gmail it even happens when I amlooki g at NFL. It only has been like this sin CE there was a  fault and  virgin o. Phone saying g this fault for everybody I can read msgs  on. a tablet I can reasd msgs fine it is only laptop Virginia. Site there is a problem. The gmail error comes as a popup

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem, one article I read said They were trying to close unused email accounts . I have tried everything from duplicating the settings on my account with the settings on one that has been changed but that did not work , I also tried deleting and reloading but that didn't work. Getting messages saying can't contact server or other messages saying account or password is error .
I am at a loss what to try next.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

5705 wrote:
I have the same problem, one article I read said They were trying to close unused email accounts . I have tried everything from duplicating the settings on my account with the settings on one that has been changed but that did not work , I also tried deleting and reloading but that didn't work. Getting messages saying can't contact server or other messages saying account or password is error .
I am at a loss what to try next.

One last chance - what you could try is answering the questions we asked you in your original thread here:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/NFL-email-stopped-working/td-p/3398718

instead of looking through stuff on this Forum in the hope of finding the holy grail. But feel free to keep on searching. I'm off shortly to watch some television. More interesting than trying to help you.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Howard 

i have answered as thoroughly as I can , there is obviously a big problem with NTL email accounts which was caused by a virgin update . There is widespread reporting of this on the web so it must be a common problem and I just contacted a friend has told me he also cannot  get his ntl emails.

please feel free to take an interest in this by doing your own research , if you decide it's more interesting to watch TV then please  let someone else assist

i am going to try and phone Virgin to discover the answer to getting my email.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@5705 Looking at this thread and your thread there is very little resemblance to your issue.  I've asked some questions in your thread, please answer in there so we can try and help you.

I shan't be responding to you anymore in this thread.

@danie1991

I'm going to assume the following.

• That you are using webmail.
  • That you have the webmail set up to view your Gmail account AS WELL AS your NTL World Account.

Would these assumptions be correct?

Tim

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos