Menu
CarboB1906
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

error 43 forbidden

tablet ok I pad ok cannot get into my computer and laptop on internet explorer nothing  keep getting error 43 will let me get into my e mails with myvirginaccount have been to a computer shop they say it is VIRGINs fault any answer would be helpful not very good with computers so make it simple please

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: error 43 forbidden

not very good with computers - or with english grammar and the punctuation of same. More than 50 words without so much as a Capital, comma or full stop must be getting on for a new record.

Did you actually read what you had typed before you hit the Enter key?

What is needed is a description of the hardware and software you are using, AND, a blow by blow description of what happens.

It is not clear whether you have both a computer and a laptop, or, your computer is a laptop.

Forbidden” is in the title but no further mention of this in the text.

What is the version of Windows – 7/8.1/10?

Your browser is Internet Explorer.

You are using Virgin Media webmail and not an email client such as Outlook.

How do you enter webmail – should be via www.virginmedia.com and then either of the two email links on that page.

You enter your login details, hit enter and the word “Forbidden” appears in an otherwise blank screen.

Describe precisely when “Error 43” appears.

The usual cure for “Forbidden” is to clear your browser’s cache and cookies. If that doesn’t work, use a different browser.

CarboB1906
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: error403forbidden

My Apologies  .

My computer is windows 7 home premium . Internet explorer . With Virginmedia Webmail .

My Laptop is Windows . Microsoft 10 .

Our Samsung Tablet is not effected in anyway .nor is our IPAD .

I was a bit frustrated when I sent this as I had just paid a Computer bloke for doing nothing

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: error403forbidden

It's surprising that you should get this error on both your PC and Laptop at exactly the same point in time. 

However, you need to clear cache and cookies on both. This site has the best pictures of that being done for IE - 

https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

If the laptop doesn't respond to this treatment, open the Edge browser and open webmail via www.virginmedia.com. 

CarboB1906
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for all your information . Virgin advised me that it was Microsoft fault and has now been rectified .

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

CarboB1906 wrote:

Thank you for all your information . Virgin advised me that it was Microsoft fault and has now been rectified .

Virgin 1st line support are I suspect getting their faults mixed up.

There is a separate issue affecting Windows 10 users connecting to the internet, that is down to Microsoft, but it's nothing to do with the 403 Forbidden response.

403 means you are reaching the server and the server is refusing you access.

Ravenstar68

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos