Menu
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10 (299 Views)

emails

My Virgin Email does not appear to be importing Facebook notifications ??? Can anybody help please ??? Also, I am still awaiting a reply from Virgin Media Presents from a week ago. !!! willeh

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10 (249 Views)

Re: emails

Hi willeah,

I shall do my best to help with the email issue though I am not at all familiar with your other statement "Also, I am still awaiting a reply from Virgin Media Presents from a week ago", sorry. 

But your FB notifications may be inadvertently being delivered to your Spam folder. It depends on how you usually access your emails.

• Do you normally use a client, such as Outlook, Thunderbird or MacMail?
  • Or do you use webmail?

If the former please ensure you have no rules set up to move your FB emails to a specific folder.

If the latter then please log-in to webmail and check your Spam folders.

Keep us updated on what happens so we can provide further support if needed.

Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10 (215 Views)

Hi Jen, Thanks for getting in touch , and sorry for delay in replying . I have been trying everything since my last post to no avail. Facebook notifications do not appear to be going into spam folder. I access my emails by way of webmail, outlook, and Samsung on my phone, but not there. I do not appear to have any rules? In view of this I would be most grateful if you could guide me on a solution. 

Re: Virgin Media Presents Email. I used to receive this every Thursday/Friday without fail. Until , I think it is now a couple of months since. I did send an email as requested to : virginmedia.presenents@redwoodgroup.net          notifying them re this, but have not received a reply??? Hoping you can help or pass on to the relevant dept. ? 

Thanking you 

willeah

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10 (190 Views)

Hi willeah,

Sorry for not reaching you sooner - I'm just back from a nice break so haven't had chance to view your update until now.

It sounds as though the Virgin Media Presents emails are in the same hiding place as your FB notifications.

We need to find out where these emails are.

So, just to be absolutely certain, you have:

• Logged into webmail
  • Inspected all folders, including Trash and Spam
  • Gone to Settings > Auto Forward and ensured that Enable is unticked

Keep me updated.

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superuser
Message 5 of 10 (184 Views)

This may throw some light on the FB notification issues. Not a VM problem:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Facebook-notifications/td-p/3398270

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 10 (151 Views)

Hi Jen_A,  As from yesterday, it appears that my Facebook notifications are trickling  through. Unfortunately,  when I click on  View on Facebook , bottom left.    It comes up with the following,  instead of opening up on Facebook page :   HTTP 500 error          That's odd ....... the website can't display this page etc.

In view of this , I await your further comments of help.

Thanking You in anticipation

willeah

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 10 (150 Views)

Hi HowardML ,    

As from yesterday, it appears that my Facebook notifications are trickling  through. Unfortunately  when I click on  View on Facebook , bottom left.  It comes up with the following ,  instead of opening up on Facebook page :                HTTP 500 error                  That's odd ....... the website can't display this page etc.

In view of this , I await your further comments of help.

Thanking You in anticipation

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10 (133 Views)

Hi willeah, 

Thanks for getting back in touch, glad to see there has been some improvement since you spoke to us last.

Are you having the HTTP 500 error in webmail client mail or both? 

Are you able to access Facebook itself ok from the main web address or the Facebook app if you use that instead? 

Keep us posted. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 10 (104 Views)

Hi Emma_E, Thanks for your reply. I have had a look this morning, and I am getting HTTP 500 error on Virgin Webmail , and also, on Windows 10 Mail etc. I have received one  from a Family member , and instead of View on Facebook ( which doesn't work etc. ), it as come up with View Post. You click on this it takes you to the Facebook Post, like it should do on View on. !! I am able to access Facebook on main web address, and also, on Windows 10 App etc. for your information.

In view of this I await your reply to try and help me on this conundrum? 

Thanking You in Anticipation. 

willeah

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 10 (72 Views)

Hi Emma_E,  I have been on Virgin Email this morning , and I am pleased to say,  everything seems to be working now. Everything crossed. It's a mystery !! Don't know if it was Facebook or what. Once again thanking you.        willeah

0 Kudos