Menu
tweedlydee
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

emails returned

Please can someone help, I'am trying to send an email but halfway through typing my

email I get a flashed up message saying my email is saved, and I don't know where it is

being saved. Also my email is repeatedly being returned I cannot find where or if any

of the mails have been sent, I would appreciate any help Thankyou.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: emails returned

Welcome to the Forum.

I going to assume that you are using Virgin Media webmail to access your email account.  The system is set to automatically save a draft of your email as you write it at periodic intervals.  You can adjust the time period or turn off the autosave function completely in the settings area.  The saved drafts should appear in the 'Draft' folder which you should see immediately below the Inbox in the folder tree.

Once you send an email a copy of the sent email should appear in the 'Sent Objects' folder in the folder tree.

When you write that your emails are being repeated returned is there an accompanying error message and if so what does it say?  Don't post the part before the @symbol in any email address within the error message.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Welcome to the Forum.

I going to assume that you are using Virgin Media webmail to access your email account.  The system is set to automatically save a draft of your email as you write it at periodic intervals.  You can adjust the time period or turn off the autosave function completely in the settings area.  The saved drafts should appear in the 'Draft' folder which you should see immediately below the Inbox in the folder tree.

Once you send an email a copy of the sent email should appear in the 'Sent Objects' folder in the folder tree.

When you write that your emails are being repeated returned is there an accompanying error message and if so what does it say?  Don't post the part before the @symbol in any email address within the error message.

tweedlydee
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Graham for taking the time to reply, yes it is Virgin Media I'm using I have now turned off the autosave function

thank you for that, the sent objects folder is empty, there is a message sent from MAILER-DAEMON saying message could not be sent

contact mailadmin.I have been trying to send pictures in this message do you think maybe I have included too many (5). I will give it

another try with 2 pictures and see what happens. thank you again .

0 Kudos
tweedlydee
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you so much Graham for your help, I have now solved the problem. Thanks once again.

0 Kudos