Menu
PhlyerPhil
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

emails bounced attachments tagged as spam

Hi all,

I got a call from our office this morning as theyve been trying to email out my worksheets, but for some reason, they're bouncing - the rejection message is saying that the email has spam content.

There will have been an attachment or two, which will have been a word doc / docx ,an excel xls / xlsx sheet or pdf. My emails are being received OK, but replies to my mails from separate PCs in the office all result in a bounced rejection.

I havnt changed any of my settings, all my user settables for SPAM etc are OFF and have been for years. the office IT say they havmt changed anything so a) who's tweaked what, and b) how can I get the company email addy whitelisted ASAP??

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: emails bounced attachments tagged as spam

Hi PhlyerPhil, 

Thanks for getting back in touch, glad to see things are looking better for you now. 

If you need any help in the future let me know and I will be more than happy to take another look for you. 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You say you haven't changed your spam settings for years?  That means you didn't change them after the mail was migrated last year.  When the mail platform was migrated, Virgin set the default for all users to reject spam.

Have a read of this.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Ravenstar-s-Email-FAQ-s/m-p/3026118#M129705

Ravenstar68

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi PhlyerPhil, 

Welcome to the forums, I'm sorry to see you have been having trouble with emails being bounced. 

I hope the information ravenstar68 has helped. 

If you are still having trouble with emails bouncing please pop across the header of the failed sent email, which should be included as an attachment in the failed delivery notification/ bounce back message. Send it to me via PM (Purple Envelope, top right hand corner). 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

PhlyerPhil
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

thanks emma - i actually didnt get chance to access his linked answer - we suffered a local outage - now resolved, but while I was on with India I mentioned it and they gave me the 2nd line email, to action it to.   when things came back online yesterday all's well.

cheers.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi PhlyerPhil, 

Thanks for getting back in touch, glad to see things are looking better for you now. 

If you need any help in the future let me know and I will be more than happy to take another look for you. 

All the best

Emma

0 Kudos