Menu
StewieStag
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

email suspended after being told it wouldn't be

Hi,

In August last year I moved back home and tried to cancel my virgin media broadband account. Because I was still under contract I couldn't and I was advised that the best way to go would be cancel my mums account which was just coming out of contract and move my account to my mums address (now my address also of course!) 

We asked several times if my mums old email account (an ntlworld account) would remain and were told at least five times that it would remain active and the only difference would be I would pay the bill. My mums email address then stopped working and when we called they sorted it out all good..... Now 6 months later her account can't be accessed and when we called it has been deactivated and can't be reactivated due to it not being on an account....

Now first of all we want the emails back, there are 15 years + of stuff on there including a LOT of very important personal stuff, family pictures, emails from my late grandad (her late dad) as well as subscriptions etc. etc.

We tried calling a number of times and have been told that the email is still there but not active and to reactivate it we need to swap it onto another account.... then when we called to try and do this was told it isn't there and they guy on the phone called the tech dep. and was told it isn't possible.

The main thing here is WE WERE TOLD FIVE TIMES+ that the email would stay active and that we didn't need to copy things over. We got the contract based partly on this and now.... So Virgin either can sort our emails out, which would be great, but if not we have been mis sold a package and Virgin have violated our contract.

Has anyone had this issue/know a way to resolve it?!

Thanks!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: email suspended after being told it wouldn't be

Hi StewieStag,

I am really really sorry for any misinformation provided you over this.

You should have been advised that:

Any email account that is not linked to an active broadband service will be terminated within 90 days.

An email address can be transferred over to an active account, but will replace any email addresses already on there.

I know it's too late for that to be of use to you, but I'm posting it as information for anyone else in a similar predicament.
For you I doubt that we can reverse what has happened I'm sorry. If the email address has been terminated, and if were able to reinstate it, we wouldn't be able to retrieve the content.

I would like to check for myself to see the status of your email account on our systems. If you're happy to try that then please click on the purple envelope icon, top right of this page. Select 'Compose', put Jen_A in the 'To' field and let me know what your email address is. But please don't post this information publicly.

Kind regards,

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: email suspended after being told it wouldn't be

An easier way to send  the PM to Jen

1. Hover over her picture or name next to her post.  A pop-up will appear.
  2. Click Send message link on the pop-up.

HTH

Tim

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos