Check your service statusCable National
Ask a Question
One to Watch
fion
Helpful Answer

email issues with IE9

Not sure if anyone has had this issue, i have had a quick scan of other issues here but have not seen the problem i have been having.

I can log in and see the list of the emails i have when using internet explorer 9, which i have just been forced to have through windows update... well recommended.  

but when I click on any line to open an email, nothing happens... where ever i click nothing happens, I presume i just have to wait until virginmedia email does a fix to become compatable.

In the mean time, i have used google chrome to access my mails. I do usually prefer Internet explorer so I hope this can be fixed soon. 

Luckily I found a way to read and act on my emails via google chrome.

Just thought i would give this issue the heads up.

regards

Fion

Please use plain text.
Omniscient
slated

Re: email issues with IE9

If IE9 won't open your email then use Compatibility Mode (click broken page icon in URL bar)

Wizard
TheBluesBrother

I have IE9 installed + Windows 7 Ultimate, and I can access my ntlworld webmail and read my mail without any issues...

Please use plain text.
Omniscient
slated

TheBluesBrother wrote:

I have IE9 installed + Windows 7 Ultimate, and I can access my ntlworld webmail and read my mail without any issues...

It seems that some can and some can't. My IE9 works fine for webmail (on Win 7 Pro 64 bit). Several others have reported that whereas they can sign in to webmail with IE9, it won't open any emails unless they are in compatibility mode.

Crafty
priorslee

I get the same problem with Win 7 & IE9.

As slated mentions above, selecting compatibility view fixes it, but it then brings up a rather annoying message saying:

It looks like you have enabled Internet Explorer Compatibility View.
Virgin Media Mail works best if you turn this off.  Learn how to do this / Dismiss

Clicking Dismiss does clear the message, but its clearly rubbish!  VM Mail does NOT work properly if you turn it off.

Please use plain text.
Omniscient
slated

It seems that some people are having problems with IE9 not opening messages in webmail, whilst others don't suffer.

It might be worth disabling all add-ons and re-enabling them one at a time to see if there is a culprit.

One to Watch
fion

HI, im glad i wasnt the only one with issues

I have now clicked on compatability and added the address and I can now open my emails just fine :smileyhappy:

I could always get into my webmail, but the emails were just not clickable.

Back to internet explorer, yay.. i have windows vista and IE9 btw

thanks for the solution peoples

Fiona 

Please use plain text.
Usually Always Right
Dave_O

Hi all,

We don't yet support Internet Explorer 9, so there may be some minor issues such as these when using our services on this browser. As has been mentioned, generally any problems with the browser can be rectified by running in compatibility mode.

Thanks.

David Owen
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.