Menu
BeedieMobility
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

email hacked

My email stopped working and can not access it ! It's like some has changed the password I think its been hacked .

0 Kudos
Tudor
Well-informed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: email hacked

Highly unlikely that it has been hacked, much better target out there. Probably just the slow VM email system. 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

More likely you are no longer a VM Broadband customer and as a result the email account has finally been closed.

That said there​ are several posts today reporting similar symptoms. A forum team member will respond in a week or so.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi BeedieMobility,

Apologies for your current issues with email, I shall do my best to help Smiley Happy

Firstly, if are a current customer and pay for a broadband service with us, please access My Virgin Media and change the password for the email in question (My Profile tab > Manage Accounts).

If the above is not possible because My Virgin Media is accessed by the email address you're having problems with, or, if you are not a paying VM customer, please reply to my PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) and I'll see what I can do for you.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Sooty1806
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi. I am having the same problem. I have not been able to send or receive emails since the 1st May. I just get told that my username or password is incorrect and when I put in my security question answers I am told that they are wrong. Please advise how this can be fixed. June
0 Kudos
MRJDMANN
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Same issue today for me cannot sign in on any device as it says password is incorrect and I know it is not

Jason

Sooty1806 wrote:
Hi. I am having the same problem. I have not been able to send or receive emails since the 1st May. I just get told that my username or password is incorrect and when I put in my security question answers I am told that they are wrong. Please advise how this can be fixed. June

0 Kudos