Menu
AH_1899
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

email after serving notice to leave

Does anyone have any experience of what happens to active email addresses after you give 30 days notice to leave VM? Is it a case of lights out on the end of contract date or is there the option to continue accessing webmail thereafter?

I'd pull the plug now if it were just for phone line and television, but perhaps need to think through carefully the implications of losing the email addresses.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: email after serving notice to leave

The stock answer is it will be deactivated 90 days after you leave. Some are, some arent and stagger on for years, but its not worth taking the risk.

Whatever you decide, start migrating your affairs to a NON ISP email service NOW. Its easy and cheap to set up your own complete with your own domain, or there are plenty of free ones ready to go (Gmail, hotmail, etc etc). That way they dont have you by the <insert preferred appendage here> should you decide to move on to pastures new.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The stock answer is it will be deactivated 90 days after you leave. Some are, some arent and stagger on for years, but its not worth taking the risk.

Whatever you decide, start migrating your affairs to a NON ISP email service NOW. Its easy and cheap to set up your own complete with your own domain, or there are plenty of free ones ready to go (Gmail, hotmail, etc etc). That way they dont have you by the <insert preferred appendage here> should you decide to move on to pastures new.

AH_1899
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

That's good advice Kippies and not something I had thought of. I have active outlook email addresses and that is something that I can be getting on with.

0 Kudos