Menu
Bigginge
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

email address

My wife and I will be moving to Spain in a couple of months, is there anyway we can keep using our ntlworld.com email address or will we need to inform all our contacts of a Address?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: email address

It isn't possible to keep an ntlworld.com email address without it being linked to a VM broadband account.  So the answer is no I'm afraid.

Bigginge
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your prompt reply - I suspected it wouldn't be possible but thought I'd ask.
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

What you need to do is set up a new email as soon as, then you can put an out of office on your ntl email so that most of your contacts will be updated before you go, and if the forge then there out of office will tell them where to go

Don't make the same mistake again, never set you email to your internet provider as when you move you will get this issue again, so yahoo, gmail, live and a host of others work all over the world regardless of where you are or who your service provider is
Bigginge
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks, I'll get on to that. I will say though that we've lived in the same place for 40 years, been with Virgin since it was Telecential about 25 years or more ago, and didn't expect to be moving Smiley Happy . But we're setting off for Spain in the New Year.
Thanks again for your help

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Enjoy your new adventure in Spain. Your ntlworld email address should work for 90 days after you leave VM. Any forwarding/out of office message you set up will stop when the email address gets closed.