Menu
ericg
Dialled in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

email address changes

Can anyone please advise me. In my address book I have JoeBloggs@yahoo.com who is also in a distribution list obviously as JoeBloggs@yahoo.com. He has changed his email address to JoeBloggs@ntlworld.com. How on earth do I make the necessary changes in both the address book and the distribution list (including the complete removal of all traces ofJoeBloggs@yahoo.com from the system).

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: email address changes

See this post, “Re: Address bok problem(sic)

0 Kudos
ericg
Dialled in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rising Star, I have faithfully followed your previous notes and comments but without success. I wonder if the difficulty is that the listings and distribution list was created some years ago before the wholesale changes took place. I think it was a Virgin media run system before it changed to the present one gmail I believe. I have snipped copied and printed all of your previous comments and those in the Virgin email help notes

ericg

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

From tests I did last year and posted about on here, I found that where the address book entries and distributions lists had been migrated from the old VM google apps system to the new Virgin Media Mail system (no longer run via google mail) then edits did not work well.  The best solution I found was to delete the original entries and then re create them and the associated distribution lists.  Having done this future edits replicated properly between the address book and the distribution lists.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Between composing and posting @Graham_A responded with the appropriate information. I would add that you could use the search function of the address book to locate and update addresses as and when the need arises; update contact's email address and then distribution list entries to create the association.

0 Kudos
ericg
Dialled in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again Rising Star and Graham. I'll give it a go. (your emails snipped for immediate reference

Ericg

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just had a thought… when an email is displayed it's email address is preprocessed to provide appropriate functionality, i.e. Add to address book or Edit . You could try the following to recreate the distribution list along with its association to its contact's details.

1. Click Address Book
  2. Locate a appropriate distribution list and highlight it
  3. Click Send email
  4. Click Save
  5. Press Ctrl + R to reload webmail; this step may not be necessary but I have found the data cached can be out of date and this resolves that issue
  6. Click Email
  7. Click Drafts folder to select
  8. Locate email saved in step (4) and display it if necessary
  9. Click (located within email) and select Save as distribution list
0 Kudos