Menu
ess1
Up to speed
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

email - Cannot Sign In

OS Win 10.

Cannot sign in .  Receive msg to effect that service not available retry, contact support etc.

I can log in to my account and this forum.   Had similar problem last year whilst overseas.  I live in UK and normally use Win7-64 on desktop.

I can access through Ipad and desktop.  As I am going overseas again I would like this problem to be resolved before I leave.  Desktop too heavy to take lol

I can access mail on this computer using my normal and preferred Outlook 2003.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: email - Cannot Sign In

Hi Sellick,

Ah wonderful - thank you very much for posting an update Smiley Happy

Thanks for your praise too, it's really lovely of you. Please make sure you come back to us if you need support with anything else at any point, we'll be more than happy to help out.

Take care,

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello ess1

Sorry you are having problems signing into webmail with Win 10. Are you using "Edge" it may be worth trying another browser How do I access my Virgin Media mail? Something else to consider is not using saved links Accessing Virgin Media Mail from a saved browser link and perhaps deleting saved cache and cookies on the browser.

Hope that helps

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
ess1
Up to speed
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for assistance.

I have tried both Edge and IE11.   I can access Main site and community but not mail2..... either from main site or my password manager,

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi ess1,

Thanks for following Nicola's advice though apologies it didn't help.

We (Virgin Media) are currently investigating some reported issues with webmail access and it's possible that your issue may be linked. 

Would you do me a favour and try using Google Chrome please? This has proved to be a good workaround for the afore-mentioned issue and I'd like to know if it resolves your access issue before taking other avenues of investigation.

Many thanks Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
ess1
Up to speed
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Jen for your continued assistance.   Ran Chrome - although I do not use or like - with same result.

Sorry, we have a problem

Either the link you clicked is broken, the page has moved or you typed the address wrong.

Take me to:

My Virgin Media home

Virginmedia.com

Help & Support

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi ess1,

Thankyou for that information Smiley Happy

I have sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) requesting information about your email address. I'd like to check on a few things from here.

If a broken link error is returned it might be because your email address isn't linked to an active account - if so this can be flagged up to I.T. 
Or there may be a different admin issue that we can resolve. Either way I'd like to take a look at your email account and how it sits on our systems and we'll take things from there.

Jen
Forum Team

ess1
Up to speed
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks Jen-A for all your efforts. I have replied to your PM.

I am very happy to accord my praise to yourself and team. Praise on these forums is a rarity.
Best,
ess1
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Sellick,

Ah wonderful - thank you very much for posting an update Smiley Happy

Thanks for your praise too, it's really lovely of you. Please make sure you come back to us if you need support with anything else at any point, we'll be more than happy to help out.

Take care,

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
ess1
Up to speed
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.

Another day...   I now find that each time I try to log in, using Win10 Edge I have to go through the hoop of "For security reasons ....are you a robot?"   my poor old brain needs some sustenance, but too early to open a bottleSmiley Very Happy

Am posting this from my desktop (win7 IE11)

0 Kudos