Menu
crazylegsbob
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

e-ail/hotmail

hello all,

am still having problems.

just set up pop3 again,all in order,but Hotmail comes up withPOP3 could not be found,error 0x00cccod

and Hotmail is giving  me an x on planet earth,

offline,

help required,please

regards clb

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: e-ail/hotmail

You do yourself no favours by consistently posting new threads about the same problem. It doesn't help any of us who try to help to keep having to track down your previous threads and see what you said then and what we said in reply. In fact now I'm simply not going to do it. Life is too short.

Please have the courtesy to help us help you by explaining properly in full sentences what it is you are trying to do.

Is it collecting Hotmail via POP because you can't do that anymore with Windows Live Mail and I suspect most other e-mail clients as I understand things? MS has changed the system. There is an IMAP work around but it isn't worth the effort in my view.

Are you trying to collect your VM mail through the Outlook on the web interface (was Outlook.com). In which case it should work if you chose the right settings. 

Forums like this depend on sensible two way clear communication between the person asking the question and those who try to help. And we will help if you give us just half a chance.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
crazylegsbob
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

sorry,just new on this forum

yes,i thinkits vm through outlook,what are the correct settings,what have I done wrong,what is the easy/best think to do.please.

cheers clb 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Right now answer these questions.

"I think it's VM through Outlook". Not good enough. Is this using the web based version of Outlook or is this using the version of Outlook that is an e-mail client. That is a separate program which you install on your computer and use to manage your e-mails.

When I get this I'll answer further.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

if this is your vm account via Outlook then the settings should be pop3.virginmedia.com SSL yes Port 995, if this is your Hotmail account with which you're having problems then make sure you've enabled pop access under your outlook.com settings.

Virginia/Doctor9fan. If I have helped please give me Kudos.
crazylegsbob
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

cheers ,will give it a try,somebody said window 7 does not support livemail2012 no more,

if that is the case ,going over to outlook .com or windows live.

cheers clb

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Windows Live Mail 2012 (part of Windows Live Essentials) works on Windows 10 so will work on Windows 7, however your Hotmail account if it has been upgraded to use the new sync protocol will no longer work & your contacts & calendar also ceases to sync, you can delete the Hotmail account & recreate it using imap/pop/smtp but your contacts & calendar will still no longer sync, at this time there is no setting or workaround to get all three working under Windows Live Mail, I doubt there'll ever be an update as come January Microsoft will discontinue support for Windows Live Essentials. Users will be able to continue using the suite but it's recommended to download the offline installer for future installation.

Virginia/Doctor9fan. If I have helped please give me Kudos.
crazylegsbob
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

getting all three to work together,yes,i agree.

trouble.trouble.trouble.

going to get my daughter to come over and have a look at it,cos me with no know-how has given up.cheers lads .thankyou all for pointing me in the right direction,god bless, talk to you later,regards clb

0 Kudos