Menu
fabiandc
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

delayed incoming emails

Hello, I'm having problems receiving emails for probably the last 2 months, some are take 3 days to come through. Prior to that my emails were working fine.I've called Virgin Media several times and they have tried changing my password but the problem still continues. My original email is @blueyonder.co.uk but I use a domain email via 123-reg. One of the VM guys said it was a 123-reg problem as the emails sent to my domain named email is being delayed before coming through to blueyonder. I have since been in touch with 123-reg and they say everything is fine their end and its an VM issue. I hope someone can assist in rectifying this issue. BTW I use MS Outlook 2010 and the settings are pop3.blueyonder.co.uk and smtp.blueyonder.co.uk. Should I use imap instead.    Help!!!

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: delayed incoming emails

There is no harm in trying imap some software prefers it

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Read this thread for more on this long running story. Nothing to do with the e-mail protocol you are using for downloading mail to your client - it's VM rate limiting to deter spamming:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Recent-delays-in-receiving-emails/td-p/3173176

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
fabiandc
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

thks John, I will try imap.
0 Kudos
fabiandc
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

thks Howard, I have seen the link -from what I understand it seems VM is where the fault lies. I'm not sure how to proceed as I'm not a techie.

0 Kudos
fabiandc
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello again,

123-reg have suggested I forward my domain email to a gmail. I just tried a personal one and it came through immediately on gmail. Now I need to wait and see if the commercial companies I subscribe to ie Airlines, Amazon, Car rentals etc come through without delay. Keeping my fingers crossed!. WIll keep you all posted.   thanks for all your suggestions and guidance thus far.

0 Kudos