Menu
dijones
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

constant email lock out

Hi I am in the same position as " thinking of leaving after 16 years" I am constantly being locked out of my email account. I am receiving letters almost every other day then I get locked out, again. Because of spam being sent via a deleted email address.  I have made repeated telephone calls, filled in the net report form all to no avail.  Would a forum team member please help one demented sole.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: constant email lock out

Hello dijones

Welcome to our forum, I am so sorry you receive these letters for a mailbox that is showing deleted on My Virgin media, it is totally out of your control as it is active on one of our back end servers, it must feel very frustrating to call in and not be listened to! Please accept our apologies and for the sake of your soul I have raised a job to our IT team P007761923 to get it nuked, it will never bother us again then. It may take about 7 days but once done we will update you. I will also feed back what happened to all concerned.

Thank you for your patience

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
dijones
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nicola_C

Thank you for your help, I hope you are right as I am sure you are.  Why could virgin media not fix this months ago and save me and many others a lot of stress.  Happy healing. Thank you again dI Jones.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Good morning dijones

Just thought I would pop in to let you know we have not forgotten you, the IT team are very busy and hoping to do it in the next few days.

I do tend agree with you about it being fixed when you first contacted us, I have fed back to all concerned, please accept our apologies and in the future if ever you need us please consider coming direct to the forum.

Thank you again for your patience

Wishing you a nice weekend

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Morning dijones

Thank you for your patience, we have totally deleted the problematic email address from all our systems, it is no longer possible to send email from it. If you have any further problems please let us know.

Thank you

Nicola

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Nicola_C

I know I've said this before but there seems to be a disconnect here.  The security team need to maybe look at the email address in question prior to sending out the letters to see if the mail account is showing as deleted.  If necessary they can make the necessary representations to IT to get the offending account's SMTP access shut down.

Furthermore - If someone phones in and says that they are being told mails are being sent from an email address they deleted, 1st line SHOULD be able to escalate this on the callers behalf.  If it's not happening then you're letting your customers down.

Ravenstar68

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Morning ravenstar68

Thank you for your comments, I have to agree with you we did get it wrong. I have fed back to all concerned and will continue to raise the issue at any future meetings with the relevant teams. I would kindly ask dijones to accept our apologies.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team