Menu
tottenhammatts
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

cant connect to work email

My devices (ipad and iphone) and my computer (toshiba with windows 10) cannot connect to my work email (on syrahost) via wi-fi. They CAN connect to my AOL account as normal and the ipad and iphone CAN connect via 3g and 4g. But as soon as virgin wi-fi is on (2g or 5g) they do not connect. It is not the devices as they connect to my work email on other wi-fi (for example, i can connect to my work e-mail via McDonalds wi-fi, Starbucks wi-fi etc). I cannot connect to my work email on my home virgin network. So it's been narrowed down to a virgin network error. Why is my superhub2 not letting me access my work e-mail when i can access it via 3g/4g?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: cant connect to work email

It might not be a Virgin Network issue at all.  There is the possibility that your employer may have unknowingly blocked your Virgin Media IP address.

However to rule out other issues lets try the following.  I'm assuming you know your works mail server name.  What happens if you run a tracert to it from your Virgin Media connection?

Ravenstar68

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
monty_uk
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: cant connect to work email

Try turning off the Advanced Network Error Search. I had the same issue with my Work VPN and turning this off worked.

https://my.virginmedia.com/advancederrorsearch/settings

0 Kudos