Menu
modelt1826
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

cannot send emails from my outlook a

I am in Indonesia at the moment i can receive emails using blueyonder but cannot send anything from my outlook account has anyone else found this

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: cannot send emails from my outlook a

When you are in countries like Indonesia you would be better off using VM web mail to send and receive mail. Using an e-mail client is fraught with difficulty. The VM servers will identify that you are connecting via a non-VM server and apply very strict spam avoidance measures by limiting severely the number of e-mails you can send.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You won't have done. VM are tightening their spam prevention procedures. But the kind of issue you are describing has been around on these Boards for as long as I can recall and for at least as long as I have been here. It's just that it strikes quite randomly. It is also the case that spammers move their operations around the world and so Indonesia may the latest location for this kind of stuff.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

When you are in countries like Indonesia you would be better off using VM web mail to send and receive mail. Using an e-mail client is fraught with difficulty. The VM servers will identify that you are connecting via a non-VM server and apply very strict spam avoidance measures by limiting severely the number of e-mails you can send.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
modelt1826
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Howard

Thanks for the reply but i have been travelling to Indonesia for years never had a problem like this. However it does answer now a lot of questions i was on with a tech person from microsoft for eerrlier and they tried everthing.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You won't have done. VM are tightening their spam prevention procedures. But the kind of issue you are describing has been around on these Boards for as long as I can recall and for at least as long as I have been here. It's just that it strikes quite randomly. It is also the case that spammers move their operations around the world and so Indonesia may the latest location for this kind of stuff.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
0 Kudos