Menu
RichardClarke2
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

cannot connect to virgin.net email account

can you help me.  In the last day I have lost access to my usual @virgin.net account.  It says it has trouble connecting regardless of the device I use.  Problems with the imap4.virgin.net server is what the errors imply. I have reset the email client up with the correct settings having deleted and reinstalled the account on my outlook client.  I have done the same on my android machine and phone but no success.
The only way I can now access my email is via webmail which is really inconvenient.
Any help appreciated.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: cannot connect to virgin.net email account

Try changing the password
0 Kudos
RichardClarke2
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The password is ok as I use it for webmail

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi RichardClarke2,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear about the issues you are having. 

I have already replied to your thread here: problems with sending and receiving emails - imap4.virgin.net errors

Please make sure you are only posting once about your issue. We understand it's frustrating when something's not right however posting more than once about the same fault makes the boards look busier than what they actually are. It also means we could take longer to reply due to needing to sift through duplicate posts.

Have a look at my reply on the other thread and stick with that one so we keep all the information in one place. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
veryolduser
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Same issue for 36hrs. Pop3 down at home "cannot connect to server" My wife has same issues so it can't be resetting 2 passwords.Imap patchy on phone (no emails last 24 hrs) but just coming through. Webmail seems to work but why do I need to use a browser on my phone to collect emails? I have deleted and reinstalled account in Outlook to no avail with settings exactly as "Email settings for addresses ending in @virgin.net" - other email accounts work fine on computer. There is a local braodband issue for which resolution goes back a day every day
0 Kudos
RichardClarke2
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kathy, Thanks - The second post was trying to get the title to be corrected. It was my first ever post.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

veryolduser wrote:
Same issue for 36hrs. Pop3 down at home "cannot connect to server" My wife has same issues so it can't be resetting 2 passwords.Imap patchy on phone (no emails last 24 hrs) but just coming through. Webmail seems to work but why do I need to use a browser on my phone to collect emails? I have deleted and reinstalled account in Outlook to no avail with settings exactly as "Email settings for addresses ending in @virgin.net" - other email accounts work fine on computer. There is a local braodband issue for which resolution goes back a day every day

Why have you appended to thread that is clearly defunct now? But in any case there is a very odd problem affecting virgin.net addresses which is detailed here:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-virgin-net-not-pulling-messages-through/td-p/3253993

Read it and keep your fingers crossed

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just so you guys know- I've posted what I know here

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Virgin-net-email-issues-please-read/td-p/3254156

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos