Menu
mr_zace
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

can't change my email address

i want to change from my @blueyonder email account to a hotmail.com email account, after several hours i am still waiting for the email so i can confirm the new email is in use, i have checked all the junk and other filters

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: can't change my email address

AFAICS, the functionality is broken and until it is fixed you may want to cancel the change; hopefully one of the forum moderators will raise this issue with the appropriate  department.

In the meantime, set a calendar reminder for your bill date or create a filter in webmail to forward all Virgin Media emails  to your Hotmail account, for example, a forward to 用心棒@example.org:

2017-02-12-00.jpeg

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

mr_zace wrote:

i want to change from my @blueyonder email account to a hotmail.com email account, after several hours i am still waiting for the email so i can confirm the new email is in use, i have checked all the junk and other filters

There is no link between Virgin Media emails (including blueyonder) and hotmail.com.  If you want to create a hotmail.com address you need to go to hotmail.com and go through the new account set up process.

Once you have done that you can change your user name for logging into your blueyonder address to your new hotmail account.  Why would you want to do that? It doesn't change the underlying blueyonder email address.  If you want to switch to a new hotmail address then once you have set it up you can forward all emails to your current blueyonder email to your new address.  But note that you have to access the blueyonder account at least once every 90 days to keep it active.

mr_zace
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

i want to use my hotmail.com email account to receive notifications on when my bill is ready, It says i will receive an email to confirm the change of email account but i am yet to recieve the email

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

AFAICS, the functionality is broken and until it is fixed you may want to cancel the change; hopefully one of the forum moderators will raise this issue with the appropriate  department.

In the meantime, set a calendar reminder for your bill date or create a filter in webmail to forward all Virgin Media emails  to your Hotmail account, for example, a forward to 用心棒@example.org:

2017-02-12-00.jpeg