Menu
firebladexxx
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

blueyonder email service cancelled??

The blueyonder email service stopped working for my wife recently. it was working fine for me.

I tried changing the settings on her iPhone to match those of mine (i.e. the imap4.blueyonder.co.uk).  No luck.

I tried logging into virgin mail using my blueyonder credentials but it said my username was not recognized. I haven't logged into webmail for a couple years.

approximately 15 minutes later I stopped receiving blueyonder email on my iPhone. I've never had any issues in this respect. 

So it looks like Virgin have a system setup to kill off your old blueyonder email address when you try logging into the service via webmail.  Presumably this is because I am no longer a Virgin broadband customer.  But surely Virgin, you have a duty to advise me that you are about to remove access to my email?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: blueyonder email service cancelled??

It's always been the case that you only have access to Virgin Media Mail when you're a Broadband customer. Access is also removed if you don't access the mailbox for 90 days.

This is covered in the Acceptable Use Policy:

Email use

6.5. It is your responsibility to back up the contents of your email account. Upon suspension or termination of services the content may be removed and permanently deleted by Virgin Media without notice.
6.6. If you do not access any email account registered to your Virgin Media account at least once in every 150 days we have the right to delete that email account and it's contents without prior warning
6.7. If the email account is not used in any 90 day period we will suspend that account without prior notice. This will not impact any other email addresses associated with that account, as long as they are accessed within a 90 day period.
6.8. The email account will remain suspended for a further 60 days. During this time you can reactivate it by calling customer care.
6.9. Any e-mail accounts not reactivated will be closed and the contents permanently deleted.

and also on the help site:

Can I keep my Virgin Media Mail service when I disconnect from Virgin Broadband?

If you disconnect your Virgin Broadband service we provide access to your Virgin Media Mail account for 90 days after your service closes. This should provide sufficient time for you to save any contacts, emails and files you wish to keep. After this time your Virgin Media Mail box will be closed.

If it's been working for longer than 90 days after you stopped being a Broadband customer, then it's been an error to your advantage.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
firebladexxx
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: blueyonder email service cancelled??

I stopped my broadband 1.5 years ago and yet my email continued to work up until 1 hour ago, when I tried to log into webmail.
I have only received email via my iPhone for the last 2 years so what you reference above has not been the case for me

I am a virgin mobile customer however given this removal of my email service I will now be moving my mobile business to another provider
0 Kudos