Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
Emerging Talent
ally18

@blueyonder.co.uk email issues

I am one of the customers who is currentlly still without email (since 20.03.11).  My emails are @blueyonder.co.uk ones. 

After a few frustrated calls to the Indian call centre I eventually called 151 and have been corresponding by telephone with someone from Technical support, who has, as promised called me when he said he would. allbeit the problems is still there.  My now estimated date for my next call is 12 April 2011. 

On today's call I was told the initial problem seemed fixed but there is a new problem which has now passed from Technical support to IT Dept!  Someone along the line who I spoke to said something about because I moved house a couple of years back has caused the mix up with email addresses???

On another note...I used to be able to access my ebilling with my email address and a 4 digit pin.  Is this all changed and will I have to wait for my email issues to be resolved before I can access this too.  On reading some of these posts on this forum the ebilling seems all linked into when you sign in to your email..I'm confused. 

Please use plain text.
Brainbox
tell

Re: @blueyonder.co.uk email issues

My latest date for it to be sorted is 17th April.....

On the ebilling front I'm good with that. I can tell you what happened or at least what I believe I did. When you do get access to the system, I'm not too sure you might be able to do it now, you go to My Virgin Media you won't be able to use your old login to get onto the system [manage account]. I registered with my account details off the bill. Tricky if you didn't have a copy but the Indian call centre I'm sure will give you that. You need the number and an area code for the bill. Completing those screens it reconnected me up to my account [broadband]. This is when I found that the email associated with the primary email address of the broadband account was good for webmail and also the broadband account that I had prior to the cable modem.

It's the dial up accounts that they didn't migrate over. What I have done now is to create secondary users with the login of the email accounts as the user, you do this via picking an email address and then changing the account to your old email, the lost one[s]. Then I have asked for them to change the email address which are the new ones to the secondary email user login ie. get the secondary accounts patched in to the current administrative screen. This way it's all on the screen for them to do and hopefully no misunderstandings. It's this that is going to take another 10 days for them to sort out.

Thus I would recommend you to try to register for access to your account via the screens and that way you should be able to see the billing information and if it's old email address like mine that you use do the same as I did and then ask them to associate these with the secondary users.

Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
staceyparish

[ Edited ]

I can not access my email either, Why have I not been informed I'm extremely **bleep** at Virgin media right now I do not appreciate having to go out off my way and waste my time trying to chase you for support.. why is your website "Self Support" only WHAT DID I PAY YOU FOR!. Geeze sort your mess this is not acceptable and reminds me why I'm no longer a customer.

I have tried asigning my blueyonder account with messenger live.. DID YOU ACTUALLY try this your selfs as it needs CONFERMATION from inside your blueyonder email which obviously cannot be accessed in the 1st place

This is a disgrace I expect email support  with updates and will be complaing @Consumer review forums thank

you!

Moderator Edit: Removed Personal Information - Please do not post contact information on the forum

Please use plain text.
Omniscient
slated

[ Edited ]

staceyparish wrote:

I can not access my email either, Why have I not been informed I'm extremely **bleep** at Virgin media right now I do not appreciate having to go out off my way and waste my time trying to chase you for support.. why is your website "Self Support" only WHAT DID I PAY YOU FOR!. Geeze sort your mess this is not acceptable and reminds me why I'm no longer a customer.

I have tried asigning my blueyonder account with messenger live.. DID YOU ACTUALLY try this your selfs as it needs CONFERMATION from inside your blueyonder email which obviously cannot be accessed in the 1st place

This is a disgrace I expect email support with updates and will be complaing @Consumer review forums thank you!

I did. It works. No you don't need to access webmail to make it work.

I just configured my Hotmail account to read my blueyonder account.

Hot1.JPG

Hot2.JPG

RESULT:

Hot3.JPG

Emerging Talent
staceyparish

[ Edited ]

Thank you, Will this give me full access to all emails in my blueyonder account including old emails that have already been read. I followed the instructions above except I choose to recieve them to my Inbox and not a seperate folder and have not showed any of my emails in my inbox ?

Great! We'll start getting your messages now.
If there are a lot of messages for us to get, it may take a whole day to get them all. Thanks for your patience.

Edit: Tried sending my blueyonder account an email using the live account its linked with I got this
postmaster@mail.hotmail.com
1 attachment (1.8 KB)
This file cannot be opened. Click "Download as zip" to download it
test.eml
(1.2 KB)
This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

@blueyonder.co.uk

--Forwarded Message Attachment--
To: @blueyonder.co.uk
Subject: test
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 07:12:55 +0100

ergergerg

reg

erger

gergergerger
Please use plain text.
Omniscient
slated

Not quite sure if I am reading your post right. Are you saying that you can use Hotmail to read your blueyinder account, but that it fails to send mail on behalf of your blueyonder account?

After I did the setup in Hotmail to add my blueyonder account, about a minute or so later I did receive, in Hotmail (in the new blueyonder folder) an email titled Windows Live Hotmail: Verify your email address. That contained a clickable link to verify that I was the owner of the blueyonder account (a bit pointless, since it presents no new security hurdle)

Capture.JPG

Note that this did not require me ever to access the actual Blueyonder webmail account - all the steps were within Hotmail.

I have just used my Hotmail account to send an email as if from my blueyonder account. It worked, no bounce-back. The only fly in the ointment is the "on behalf of" thing - to be expected. Search this forum for 'behalf'.

Emerging Talent
staceyparish

[ Edited ]

All is working fine now, I just checked my other hotmail account which I initally thought to set up with the POP3 settings last night after reading it on the forums and now have full access to all my emails.

I guess they wern't kidding when they said it might take all day lol

The test email I sent did eventually arrive strange but least it works thank u sir! :smileyhappy:

the whole mix up off verifying account from inside blueyonder I think cause I was trying to "Link Ids" not send & recieve emails.. so all is cleared up.

Please use plain text.