Email
For all Virgin Media Mail questions.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Sending email using your own domain

Introduction Email is evolving new methods to combat spoofing of email addresses.  While there used to be no checks on what email servers can be used by particular domains, that is no longer the case. Consequently when sending using your own domain u...

smtp2go_namesco_spf_dkim_3
ravenstar68 by Very Insightful Person
  • 0 replies
  • 16 kudos

Orphan Email accounts

IntroductionThis information applies to all four Virgin Media Email domains.virgin.netvirginmedia.comblueyonder.co.ukntlworld.comCustomers are increasingly coming on the Forum's after having email accounts locked/deleted.  This post looks at one of t...

• 0 replies
  • 81 kudos

Outgoing Authentication Issues? - Check Email Logs

IntroductionThere have been a number of threads on the boards lately where people have been seeing the password prompt pop up when trying to send e-mails.While the symptom is the same for many users, there are actually a number of possible causes.Bro...

outopt.JPG tbirdsave.JPG
  • 0 replies
  • 22 kudos

Ravenstar's Email FAQ's

The aim of this thread is to collate some of the stickies I have made in the past into one thread. In here you will find the following FAQ's Understanding Email Block ListsSPF, DKIM, and DMARC explainedGeneric/Dynamic host names prohibited - an expla...

• 8 replies
  • 7 kudos

Can't send email IP address blacklisted

Hi, I have been unable to send an email through my Virginmedia connection since the end of January.I saw a similar thread on this board and followed the instructions and reported it to netreport@virginmedia.com.They replied asking me to pay for Gadge...

Resolved! Hacked email

Hi. This is for an admin please. My email address. Has been hacked. I can log into virgin mail to reset my password. I actually want to just delete the account. I e already reset my phone. Please email to [MOD EDIT: Personal details]

Resolved! Mail IMAP settings for iPad

I get  my ntlworld emails via iPad (standard apple mail app) normally with no problem. Have done for years. Suddenly at end of Febraury I stopped getting mail incoming.When I log onto my mail account online, all the mail is there ok. My IMAP settings...

GarryP1 by Joining in
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Hacked Email

Hi trying to reset my password - it is urgent as I have been hacked.I am a sub account, I enter my id, the main id as requested then it asks me two random questions about my DOB and my favourite city the later I cannot answer because 1 I do not have ...

Sharon26 by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Blueyonder hacked

Hi. I was hacked a few months ago and thought I had sorted the issue by updating emails. However I lost access to my blueyonder email account. The hackers managed to access around 30 accounts and lock me out of them. I have managed to change email ad...

VDiddy by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Virgin.net email account hacked

I've had a virgin.net email account for around 30 years ...back in the days of dial-up.It's always carried on working despite not being a Virgin Media customer so I've just carried on using it.About a month ago my Facebook, Linkedin and some other ac...

Resolved! not receiving emails

I noticed today I havent received any emails since saturday my phone had just been updated to ios 16.4.1  and outlook was asking for me to sign in again. I thought i saved everything using a pin -  anyway wouldnt except passwords or pins.  Went to tr...

Resolved! Access to NTL email

Is there anyway that virgin can reactivate an email account that was closed 2 years ago?

ElaineTC by Tuning in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need to delete my old ntlworld email address

Please help.  About 4 years ago I asked Virgin to delete my old ntlworld email address/account because it kept getting hacked and I no longer used it.  VM said it had been done, except for some reason it hadn't.The other day I asked again via Whatsap...