Email
For all Virgin Media Mail questions.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Sending email using your own domain

Introduction Email is evolving new methods to combat spoofing of email addresses.  While there used to be no checks on what email servers can be used by particular domains, that is no longer the case. Consequently when sending using your own domain u...

smtp2go_namesco_spf_dkim_3
ravenstar68 by Very Insightful Person
  • 0 replies
  • 16 kudos

Orphan Email accounts

IntroductionThis information applies to all four Virgin Media Email domains.virgin.netvirginmedia.comblueyonder.co.ukntlworld.comCustomers are increasingly coming on the Forum's after having email accounts locked/deleted.  This post looks at one of t...

• 0 replies
  • 81 kudos

Outgoing Authentication Issues? - Check Email Logs

IntroductionThere have been a number of threads on the boards lately where people have been seeing the password prompt pop up when trying to send e-mails.While the symptom is the same for many users, there are actually a number of possible causes.Bro...

outopt.JPG tbirdsave.JPG
  • 0 replies
  • 22 kudos

Ravenstar's Email FAQ's

The aim of this thread is to collate some of the stickies I have made in the past into one thread. In here you will find the following FAQ's Understanding Email Block ListsSPF, DKIM, and DMARC explainedGeneric/Dynamic host names prohibited - an expla...

• 8 replies
  • 7 kudos

Email hacked and password changed

We've had an account with virgin for 10+ years and the original email address my husband still uses.....@virginmedia.comOver the years with busy schedules I've taken over renewing the account and my email now is linked to the account.We have called s...

Resolved! Ages to download/ open an email?!

Why does it take ages to download and open emails? It never used to. It can take hours (sometimes even days) and I can't send any. If I'm in a rush, I'll hit reply or forward and if I'm lucky the email might appear there for me to read. Any time I tr...

Accidental spam, can't reply to email.

Hi, I accidentally marked an email as spam after responding. So now I'm unable to reply to any future emails that they send to me. I keep getting this error message.  Message contains Spam Content ;id=8j9jqf0kXhvLN8j9jq3aHC;sid=8j9jqf0kXhvLN;mta=smtp...

fkacass by Just joined
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Cannot get into my emails.

Had to reload Win 11. Since then Ive had problems getting into some of my email accounts, tried entering old and new email passwords but still cant get in, it says they are incorrect. How do I get back in. Only my one of secondary passwords is workin...

322967 by Tuning in
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Emails

I am having problems with my email account that Virgin seem incapable of solving. I can access, send and receive emails using Microsoft outlook. However when I try to access my emails through Virgin Media it comes up 'forbidden'. Initially, i spoke t...

Cannot control 2nd Email Account !!!!

We have been with Virgin Media for Broadband/Email for over 10 years.  When we were first set up I was the account holder lets say it was grahamXX@blueyonder.co.uk.  (I think that was because virgin bought Telewest??).  My wife then had a 2nd Email a...

grahamm77 by On our wavelength
  • 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Need to get hacked ntlworld email account deleted

Hi i have the exact same problem. I left VM when I moved house 18 months ago and my email still worked. I received some strange messages and password resets which led me to believe my account had been hacked a couple of days ago and now I have been l...

mich_ren by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Forbidden 403 help required

Since creating a new password for apps I keep getting the message Forbidden 403 when I try to open my emails on my virgin media. I am a Virginmedia customer with TV Broadband and phone and have an @ntlworld email account. How do I solve this?