Email
For all Virgin Media Mail questions.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Sending email using your own domain

Introduction Email is evolving new methods to combat spoofing of email addresses.  While there used to be no checks on what email servers can be used by particular domains, that is no longer the case. Consequently when sending using your own domain u...

smtp2go_namesco_spf_dkim_3
ravenstar68 by Very Insightful Person
  • 0 replies
  • 16 kudos

Orphan Email accounts

IntroductionThis information applies to all four Virgin Media Email domains.virgin.netvirginmedia.comblueyonder.co.ukntlworld.comCustomers are increasingly coming on the Forum's after having email accounts locked/deleted.  This post looks at one of t...

• 0 replies
  • 81 kudos

Outgoing Authentication Issues? - Check Email Logs

IntroductionThere have been a number of threads on the boards lately where people have been seeing the password prompt pop up when trying to send e-mails.While the symptom is the same for many users, there are actually a number of possible causes.Bro...

outopt.JPG tbirdsave.JPG
  • 0 replies
  • 22 kudos

Ravenstar's Email FAQ's

The aim of this thread is to collate some of the stickies I have made in the past into one thread. In here you will find the following FAQ's Understanding Email Block ListsSPF, DKIM, and DMARC explainedGeneric/Dynamic host names prohibited - an expla...

• 8 replies
  • 7 kudos

Inbox not visible on Mac post update

since the update i cannot see my NTL historical inboxes and folders on my mac mail .( The iCloud and gmail folders are unaffected and still visible in the left hand mailboxes column)I am receiving new emails but can't see/access or download old docs ...

PaulKH by Joining in
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

No Webmail Login

Can anyone tell me how I move my situation on now, possibly with legal redress  I haven't been able to log into webmail since 19th/20th June  I have raised tickets with IT who have either said resolved or my last one is radio silence   I am told to c...

Access blueyonder email address through Thunderbird email client

Can someone help pleaseSince the weekends emails episode with Virgin media, I am now unable to access my blueyonder emails through Thunderbird email. I can assess the email account online through the Virgin media sign in. I have tried to set up the a...

colingcp by Joining in
  • 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

connection to the server imap.virginmedia.com timed out

I have been recently getting the following message when attempting to download emails via the thunderbird client "connection to the server imap.virginmedia.com timed out" Can anyone assist with getting this fixed, please?   

spud1962 by Dialled in
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Email Help Please

Since Virgin updated email Thurs/Friday. I am unable to access my emails on my computer.Ipad phone working ok. Desk top cannot send or receive.Message when sending Your message was sent but no copy in sent folder but it's not sending as recipient not...

Can’t get email working on Amazon fire tablet

HiTrying to set up email on one of my wife’s elderly friends new Amazon fire tablet. I can log on to virgins webmail on my iPad hence know email and password is correct.——-EDIT; Just tried adding it to my iPads email, no response from imap server or ...

HobGoblyn by On our wavelength
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Email still not working

My email still not working ,First it was just my ntlworld which went down 2 weeks ago now the rest of my virginmedia.com mail accounts don’t work.any idea when it will be fixed?

email problems

I can get my emails on virgin media but it says server error after a while when i try to send. Won't download emails via Thunderbird on PC, though says it is connecting to server (the little circle then just keeps going round and round without an act...

shoshana by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Email Diwn

Virgin said that my email would be up and running by 6am this morning.My email was down all day yesterday and still isn’t back up and running yet.Does anyone know how long it’s going to be before it’s back on line.

Stanl by Dialled in
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

VM Notes missing from within iPhone Notes App

Resetting email password now requires you to generate an app pwd for accessing email from third-party. Here is the problem, after generating the pwd and updating the imap settings suddenly the virgin media notes within the iPhone notes app are missin...

Tomotank by Joining in
  • 15 replies
  • 0 kudos