Email
For all Virgin Media Mail questions.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Sending email using your own domain

Introduction Email is evolving new methods to combat spoofing of email addresses.  While there used to be no checks on what email servers can be used by particular domains, that is no longer the case. Consequently when sending using your own domain u...

smtp2go_namesco_spf_dkim_3
ravenstar68 by Very Insightful Person
  • 0 replies
  • 16 kudos

Orphan Email accounts

IntroductionThis information applies to all four Virgin Media Email domains.virgin.netvirginmedia.comblueyonder.co.ukntlworld.comCustomers are increasingly coming on the Forum's after having email accounts locked/deleted.  This post looks at one of t...

• 0 replies
  • 81 kudos

Outgoing Authentication Issues? - Check Email Logs

IntroductionThere have been a number of threads on the boards lately where people have been seeing the password prompt pop up when trying to send e-mails.While the symptom is the same for many users, there are actually a number of possible causes.Bro...

outopt.JPG tbirdsave.JPG
  • 0 replies
  • 22 kudos

Ravenstar's Email FAQ's

The aim of this thread is to collate some of the stickies I have made in the past into one thread. In here you will find the following FAQ's Understanding Email Block ListsSPF, DKIM, and DMARC explainedGeneric/Dynamic host names prohibited - an expla...

• 8 replies
  • 7 kudos

Can’t get access to emails on iphone

Please help!!i haven’t been able to access my emails on iphoneive tried deleting and reinstalling Mail accountkeeps saying no password??but I’ve entered it

Can't see old emails on new PC

After 2 hours of being passed from pillar to post amongst different Virgin departments, I am no further forward in my issue.I have bought a new PC and need to set up my emails.  We have an old blueyonder email and have been told that these won't work...

Sub-folders still empty.

Email from Axel Wehrle yesterday advised full restoration of historic emails. However, many of my sub-folders, containing matters of importance, are still empty. Can someone at VM please make contact so those emails can be located? 

ngw by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backing up email

I live in hope that I will eventually get my historic emails back; does anyone here have any advice as to how I can then back these up to a hard drive? 

mapsal by On our wavelength
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Your Virgin Media Mail account is currently unavailable

This is either because your Virgin Media Mail account is locked, or because you don’t have an active account with us anymore.If you have an existing Virgin Media Mail account with us, please follow the steps below, as your account may have been locke...

wongys by On our wavelength
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

secondary email account vanished

HiMy primary address uses the "virgin.net" domain.  a secondary address using the "vriginmedia.com" domain seems to have vanished in the last few days.  It isn't accessible using the account settings on the primary account and if I try to reset the p...

GuruBern by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

I plan to leave virgin asap because of email failure

Hi the unreliability of email and, even more important, the lack of information when there is a problem, makes me want to leave virgin after 20+ years. I have set up a new email with Outlook and plan to migrate my emails over. Is there a quick way fo...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

cannot connect to the Virgin mail servers

I cannot connect to the Virgin mail servers with Office 365/Outlook.  I have just taken my PC from Windows 10 to Windows 11 by an ISO install.  I have a local personal admin account and then I used my MS account for normal use.  I realised after inst...

grahamm77 by On our wavelength
  • 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to access secondary ntlworld email account.

After the recent overnight shutdown my wifes secondary account will not open with the message:'The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider. Please change them.'My main account is working fi...

jaigee by On our wavelength
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos