Email
For all Virgin Media Mail questions.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Sending email using your own domain

Introduction Email is evolving new methods to combat spoofing of email addresses.  While there used to be no checks on what email servers can be used by particular domains, that is no longer the case. Consequently when sending using your own domain u...

smtp2go_namesco_spf_dkim_3
ravenstar68 by Very Insightful Person
  • 0 replies
  • 16 kudos

Orphan Email accounts

IntroductionThis information applies to all four Virgin Media Email domains.virgin.netvirginmedia.comblueyonder.co.ukntlworld.comCustomers are increasingly coming on the Forum's after having email accounts locked/deleted.  This post looks at one of t...

• 0 replies
  • 81 kudos

Outgoing Authentication Issues? - Check Email Logs

IntroductionThere have been a number of threads on the boards lately where people have been seeing the password prompt pop up when trying to send e-mails.While the symptom is the same for many users, there are actually a number of possible causes.Bro...

outopt.JPG tbirdsave.JPG
  • 0 replies
  • 22 kudos

Ravenstar's Email FAQ's

The aim of this thread is to collate some of the stickies I have made in the past into one thread. In here you will find the following FAQ's Understanding Email Block ListsSPF, DKIM, and DMARC explainedGeneric/Dynamic host names prohibited - an expla...

• 8 replies
  • 7 kudos

Unable to access my Blueyonder email account online

I want to access my emails via my phone bit am unable to do so as I receive a message stating that “The username or password is incorrect or POP3 / IMAP access isn’t turned on for this account. Check your email account settings on the web, then try a...

Baz286 by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Virgin.net email hacked.

A hacker has access to my virgin.net account. He emailed me demanding money saying he had installed a trojan ages ago and that AV would not pick it up. I have changed passwords and installed Norton AV (the most expensive one!) . No virus was found. P...

Cas581 by Tuning in
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Loss of email

On my virgin media email page, all the emails for my primary account are there but all the emails for my two secondary accounts are missing, new and historical. They have a triangle saying "There is a problem with this account"When I click on it. it ...

JKor by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

NTL email hacked

Urgent. Please help. My ntl email has been hacked and is being used to open accounts I can’t access. Please help close it down. I can’t find out how to do it. 

TaliceS by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Re: Unable to receive email messages but can send them

I haven't had "normal" access to my emails since 19/06/23 and have never had any formal reply to any of my forum posts.  It's as if VM has decided none of this is their problem.  Hopefully Ofcom does investigate, as has been mooted.

KPardoe by On our wavelength
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Emails

As a loyal customer of 22 years, I called VM to see if I could have some compensation for loss of email service which lasted 4 or 5 days. The person on the other end of the call was very polite and sympathetic ,but informed me that this loss of servi...

BigAl73 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

My virgin email has been hacked

Hi my old email account has been hacked & someone is trying to blackmail me I’m not virgin customer any more so can’t can’t sign in to close the account please help