Email
For all Virgin Media Mail questions.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Sending email using your own domain

Introduction Email is evolving new methods to combat spoofing of email addresses.  While there used to be no checks on what email servers can be used by particular domains, that is no longer the case. Consequently when sending using your own domain u...

smtp2go_namesco_spf_dkim_3
ravenstar68 by Very Insightful Person
  • 0 replies
  • 16 kudos

Orphan Email accounts

IntroductionThis information applies to all four Virgin Media Email domains.virgin.netvirginmedia.comblueyonder.co.ukntlworld.comCustomers are increasingly coming on the Forum's after having email accounts locked/deleted.  This post looks at one of t...

• 0 replies
  • 81 kudos

Outgoing Authentication Issues? - Check Email Logs

IntroductionThere have been a number of threads on the boards lately where people have been seeing the password prompt pop up when trying to send e-mails.While the symptom is the same for many users, there are actually a number of possible causes.Bro...

outopt.JPG tbirdsave.JPG
  • 0 replies
  • 22 kudos

Ravenstar's Email FAQ's

The aim of this thread is to collate some of the stickies I have made in the past into one thread. In here you will find the following FAQ's Understanding Email Block ListsSPF, DKIM, and DMARC explainedGeneric/Dynamic host names prohibited - an expla...

• 8 replies
  • 7 kudos

Resolved! The Mystery of Area 34

In a Kafkaesque twist to my daily, so far week long pursuit of regaining access to my blocked, 25 year old, essential to my life, Virgin Net email account, I was told account numbers in Area 34 (which mine is) had been handed over to TalkTalk and I m...

Liz2017 by Joining in
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

NTL email cancel request

Hi. I have a similar problem to the one discussed in this thread. My mother had an ntlworld.com email address. She passed away six months ago and her Virginmedia account is closed, but her email account is still running - and recently sent her brothe...

NJF by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Wife’s Secondary Email Not Working on PC Client

Hello, I have My VM account and email and my wife has a secondary email removed linked to this account.  She is successfuly using this email account on her IPhone but the PC client will not work…..asking for correct password? I think I am entering t...

Timtimmo by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recent problems screwed up my email addresses

My email has been severely messed up since all the recent problems at Virgin Media.I have about half a dozen addresses apart from my main one, and none of them is functioning.I need help repairing them, and gaining access to my lost emails (I say los...

k10 by Tuning in
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Email stopped working on IPhone and iPad as of 2 weeks ago

So delete the accountRe add and get this message!Makes no Diff if you select Imap or Pop the same message appearsHaving just entered the email address and Password?even tried swapping Ntlworld for VirginmediaTried on another (Friends iPhone device) a...

20230930_130605000_iOS.jpg
TonyM by Fibre optic
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

ntlworld email account lockec

At 11am today, my email account suddenly locked me out. I was using it at the time.The Virgin Media help instructions said I had to create another email account on a non virgin platform so I did, on Gmail. I received the verification email on my new ...

Pollyp40 by Dialled in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Virginmedia.com IMAP server setting for outlook

I have a new computer  and wanting to set up Outlook as my mail handler. When i input my email address and password it comes back with the message that the IMAP server cant be contacted and check my username and password, they work fine and use them ...

barry26 by Joining in
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to access VM emails

HiI used an alternative device to access the emails on one of my additional VM email accounts and now I cannot access the emails for this particular account at all.  When I tried to access the emails I had a message saying that the account was locked...

Cannot send emails

As with many others here, I’m having problems sending emails. I’ve gone through the whole rigamarole on the VM website, changing passwords, opting for alternative email address, forwarding emails etc but still doesn’t work. Judging by the number of c...