Email
For all Virgin Media Mail questions.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Sending email using your own domain

Introduction Email is evolving new methods to combat spoofing of email addresses.  While there used to be no checks on what email servers can be used by particular domains, that is no longer the case. Consequently when sending using your own domain u...

smtp2go_namesco_spf_dkim_3
ravenstar68 by Very Insightful Person
  • 0 replies
  • 16 kudos

Orphan Email accounts

IntroductionThis information applies to all four Virgin Media Email domains.virgin.netvirginmedia.comblueyonder.co.ukntlworld.comCustomers are increasingly coming on the Forum's after having email accounts locked/deleted.  This post looks at one of t...

• 0 replies
  • 81 kudos

Outgoing Authentication Issues? - Check Email Logs

IntroductionThere have been a number of threads on the boards lately where people have been seeing the password prompt pop up when trying to send e-mails.While the symptom is the same for many users, there are actually a number of possible causes.Bro...

outopt.JPG tbirdsave.JPG
  • 0 replies
  • 22 kudos

Ravenstar's Email FAQ's

The aim of this thread is to collate some of the stickies I have made in the past into one thread. In here you will find the following FAQ's Understanding Email Block ListsSPF, DKIM, and DMARC explainedGeneric/Dynamic host names prohibited - an expla...

• 8 replies
  • 7 kudos

Passkey

I find it bloody annoying that VM keep changing the goal post without notifying the end users in advance. I was setup for Biometrics and without warning the biometric doesn't work and I am forced to select a Passkey when one has not been set yet. Has...

Morrile2 by On our wavelength
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! multiple passwords

I am confused as to what passwords are which as I have my email address, (ntlworld.com) my wifes email(ntlworld.com) one virgin media account but to log in I have to use a yahoo account to log in to the virgin media to access my emails and a gmail ac...

peterj2 by Tuning in
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Will emails works with the New Outlook?

I generally use the Mail app (with win10) on my pc for emails but have now started to see in the top right corner a 'Try the new Outlook' button. The Mail app has two accounts added to it. One is an @outlook.com and the other is a @virginmedia.com ac...

My emails are completely broken

My emails are now totally useless. I can only receive messages. My contacts of 10+ years have been deleted. I can't view my personal data or settings when in my emails as they just do not load. If I attempt to compose a new email it says 'Error Conta...

ek22001J by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

virginmail on android gmail app

Hi, I cannot access my virgin mail using the gmail app. I did the password selector thing on vm site. but still wont accept it on the app. does virgin have its own app for androids? Even when typing in the secondary address as recommended it only sho...

No Access to VM Mail - VM Account Locked

Good afternoon, My VM Mail stopped working overnight Sunday to Monday, 15/16 Oct. On checking my VM account the instruction was to update my account log on email to something other than my VM email address to allow for 2 factor authentication with Vi...

Email hacked

Nasty one ongoing, hacked virgin media from where the person hacked Three phone account, he then redirected emails to a gmail account and changed the contact number and tried to initiate an eSim update for an iPhone using my phone number. Also reques...

Alan_B by On our wavelength
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Virgin email address

HiI've recently returned to virgin media after a period with another provider. I previously had a virgin email which is still active and I’d like to transfer it to my new virgin account. Is this possible?Thank you

Virgin deleting emails in non trash own deleted items folder

Well it looks like Virgin have a new trick.I know that emails in trash are deleted after 7 days but I also have my own folder Deleted Items. In recent weeks, and after the deleted emails fiasco was solved, Virgin are now also deleting the emails in m...

AndyWinch by On our wavelength
  • 29 replies
  • 0 kudos