Email
For all Virgin Media Mail questions.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Sending email using your own domain

Introduction Email is evolving new methods to combat spoofing of email addresses.  While there used to be no checks on what email servers can be used by particular domains, that is no longer the case. Consequently when sending using your own domain u...

smtp2go_namesco_spf_dkim_3
ravenstar68 by Very Insightful Person
  • 0 replies
  • 16 kudos

Orphan Email accounts

IntroductionThis information applies to all four Virgin Media Email domains.virgin.netvirginmedia.comblueyonder.co.ukntlworld.comCustomers are increasingly coming on the Forum's after having email accounts locked/deleted.  This post looks at one of t...

• 0 replies
  • 81 kudos

Outgoing Authentication Issues? - Check Email Logs

IntroductionThere have been a number of threads on the boards lately where people have been seeing the password prompt pop up when trying to send e-mails.While the symptom is the same for many users, there are actually a number of possible causes.Bro...

outopt.JPG tbirdsave.JPG
  • 0 replies
  • 22 kudos

Ravenstar's Email FAQ's

The aim of this thread is to collate some of the stickies I have made in the past into one thread. In here you will find the following FAQ's Understanding Email Block ListsSPF, DKIM, and DMARC explainedGeneric/Dynamic host names prohibited - an expla...

• 8 replies
  • 7 kudos

ntlworld issues on samsung tablet

Hello. I'm trying to set up receiving and sending emails on my Samsung Tablet. I follow everything to the letter but it keeps saying user name or password is incorrect.NOW I KNOW THIS IS WRONG AS I'VE ENTERED DETAILS IN PERFECTLY.Can anyone help?kind...

cobb04 by Tuning in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

'550 5.1.2 Recipient Domain Invalid (VM521)'

Hi i am sending emails to contact@maidesite.co.uk, using my blueyonder.co.uk email address and it keeps bouncing back. However when i use my viginmedia.com email address it appears to work. The bounce message is:  '550 5.1.2 Recipient Domain Invalid ...

AndrewMc1 by On our wavelength
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

email log gets DEF01 fault code

Fault code DEF01 keeps appearing when inserting password .Have tried chat on line and result is a letter being sent which will say try to log in again and contact chat line again . After 70 mins wait this is not acceptable on this track

How do I change my virgin media email password?

It has been a very stressful day. First I was unable to log into my email account. After much difficulty -45 min wait got through to the help team pass was reset for me. It did not work!! the another 65 minute wait and password reset again an dthis t...

Blueyonder SMTP Server not sending Emails

Email working fine through Webmail but not through any client on any computeras of yesterday. As usual support tried to convince me the error was at my end and got me to change App password and remove account from Outlook 2016.After more hours of fun...

I_I_R by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Secondary email locked. System won't let me update password

Very frustrating my wife's email has stopped working and is locked. The Virgin system has asked us to reset the password but it wont let us and rejects everything we try with the following message"Sorry, there was a problem registering that password....

Lost email

Not had any emails via my blueyonder acct since 28 Sep. Virgin tech support now sent me the third dead link to reset my password. I'm a self-employed editor/journalist and this is really eating into my work time - 4.5 hours and counting, I also get a...

Resolved! Are there two passwords for Blueyonder Email?

I have Thunderbird at home on an old Blueyonder email address. My son also has a mailbox that I look after for him but he hasn't used in a long time.This morning, after going through the Forgot Password routine and changing his password, we logged on...

lucavigg by On our wavelength
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

NTL World Email

Well i can say is Thank you Virgin media for closing my account without any warning. Your incompetence has cost me my business and my holiday! Apparently ntlworld emails are being faded out, but not with any warnings, just stopped. All your life is i...

treacs by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos