Menu
HalcyonL
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

address book in mail

I am trying to add contacts to my address book. I have no tool bar visible so cannot click 'New'. If I click on the red + and fill in the deatails the Save box does not work. Anu suggestions please

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: address book in mail

You're getting put into mobile mode because the screen resolution on your device is very small. The '+' located bottom left of the address book button does bring up the contact add dialogue. I went through the contact add on my iphone 5s just now. I clicked the + button, tapped in my name and entered a fake email address for the 'email 1' field then I hit save. The fake contact added OK on my end to my address book.

Have you tried cache clearing the web browser on the device? What error message if any are you seeing?

Edit: fixed an auto-correct

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
HalcyonL
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. I am using a lap top with a good sized screen, and I do not get any error message. However I did manage to access the address book and add a contact  late yesterday.Maybe the problem lies with the Virgin website who seem to have been having a lot of problems recently.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

HalcyonL wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I am using a lap top with a good sized screen, and I do not get any error message. However I did manage to access the address book and add a contact  late yesterday.Maybe the problem lies with the Virgin website who seem to have been having a lot of problems recently.

There are times, esp. recently, when it is bugging out or failing to load properly which could account for intermittent glitches of this sort.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you open the webmail window in something less than full-screen mode, or have zoom in your browser set to something more than 100%, the browser may reduce the volume of data it presents. 

Make sure your screen settings are absolutely standard (no zoom in browser and no change to your Display settings in Control Panel)

If that doesn't work try a different browser to compare results.

0 Kudos