Menu
HalcyonL
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

address book in mail Toolbar?

I am still having problems with the address book. There is no toolbar and I can find no easy way of editing a contact. Clicking on Edit does nothing. When adding a contact the SAVE box only works intermittently. Is there a problem with the website, which is very slow recently?

0 Kudos
HalcyonL
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Email page layout

I am still having problems with email particularly sorting out my address book. The page does not seem to load properly and is very slow. Does anyone know if the website is having problems? I never used to have this difficulty.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email page layout

Please do not make repeated posts on the same subject while you have an open thread that has not been answered. I have merged your two threads. It just causes confusion amongst those of us to come here to help. And it causes the Forum Team, who get round to posts in strict date order and don't necessarily spot duplicates, to waste their time answering the same question twice. It is frustrating when you don't get an instant answer but it isn't helpful - really isn't.

You give very little information to help us with this. A number of possibilities come to mind.

Your PC or laptop could be showing the mobile version of the site because the web mail site thinks it is dealing with a mobile device. That version has features missing and/or in different places. Make sure that your browser zoom setting is set correctly.

Yes, the web page is clearly having problems at the moment as can be seen if you read the plethora of posts about this in the last few days. Use CtrlF5 (refresh) when it all goes a bit odd to reload the page - workaround but effective.

Clear the browser cache and cookies - amazing how many of this kind of issue this resolves.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
HalcyonL
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Apologies if I am repetetive. I am in my 70's and not very computer literate! There is not enough understanadable help for people like me and it can be very frustrating. I will try what you suggest.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I am only three years younger than you - what has age got to do with it? And all I was suggesting was that you keep your questions on the same subject in one place. Logic not computer knowledge.

One more thought. Set your browser to full screen mode when you access e-mail and see if that improves matters. Should only need to do this once and it'll work fine the next time. Google for how to do this - different browsers have different methods.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos