Menu
poolierob
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

account shut down

Hi,

I left virgin media 7 months ago, (tv, phone,broadband & mobile) due to terrible customer service on all accounts. I was told i could possibly lose my email, but would receive an email if this happened within the 90 days of leaving.

I went to log in last night, and my email has been shut down. Called virgin, the adviser went out of his way to help, only to advise me at the end that my email is now 'defunct'. no access, no retrieval, diddly squat.

I have spent all day, trying to find a complaints number etc, nothing. been trying to connect to live chat. forever busy.

So here is my problem. without warning my email account dis-appears - I am self employed, and all my payroll is within this email account. I have a tax return to submit and cannot access my email account. I can't see HMRC accepting this as an excuse for not returning.

This is the service i got before and got rid of virgin altogether. Could anyone point me in a direction to contact someone who knows what they are doing in virgin media to look into this please? need to get to my payroll.

Many Thanks 

Poolierob

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: account shut down

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but once you cease to be a VM customer you lose access to the features VM offer like email, chances are the emails within the account have now been deleted. 
You were told this may be the case so in hindsight you should've moved or saved all your emails to an online email provider - say Gmail or hotmail/outlook just in case.

If the emails were downloaded to your computer there is a slim chance that they're still there within the email client.

Virginia/Doctor9fan. If I have helped please give me Kudos.
poolierob
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. yes, in hindsight, i should of backed them up, bit silly i did not, but i was told 'i could lose it' and 'would receive an email' delayed myself from doing this.

As for them being deleted, i do not see this. If i was up to 'no good' and cancelled my VM account, the police could not get VM to bring up an 'old' account to be looked into a couple of months later?. I still believe there is a 2nd / 3rd line broadband team that can look into this. You just cannot 'shut down' someones email account without any warning. They stated 90 days, this is 185 since it was closed last night without warning that i will lose everything.

Think i am clutching at straws. could not wait to get rid of virgin when i closed my account and the service over this from them is shocking.

getting in touch with virgin is a nightmare. nothing clear on their site on where to be directed.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

poolierob wrote:

Thanks for the reply. yes, in hindsight, i should of backed them up, bit silly i did not, but i was told 'i could lose it' and 'would receive an email' delayed myself from doing this.

As for them being deleted, i do not see this. If i was up to 'no good' and cancelled my VM account, the police could not get VM to bring up an 'old' account to be looked into a couple of months later?. I still believe there is a 2nd / 3rd line broadband team that can look into this. You just cannot 'shut down' someones email account without any warning. They stated 90 days, this is 185 since it was closed last night without warning that i will lose everything.

Think i am clutching at straws. could not wait to get rid of virgin when i closed my account and the service over this from them is shocking.

getting in touch with virgin is a nightmare. nothing clear on their site on where to be directed.

Nothing ever really goes away in the digital world, emails can be recovered from a server if the police required it, however this costs time and money and Virgin have little incentive to do this for you, They can indeed just shut down an Email account as and could have done so at any time after the 90 days elapsed, I'm actually amazed it went to over double that

0 Kudos