Menu
Louisah10
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

accessing deleted emails

I have cleaned up my emails today and I have got a bit click happy and deleted something I shouldn't have!!! No fear I thought, it will be in the trash but its not there. It seems the only items saved in my trash go back 7 days and this was sent just over that! there is nothing in my archive either.  Can anyone help or am I sat at my desk fighting a losing battle!!!

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: accessing deleted emails

hiya @Louisah10 if this was done via webmail, then sadly is gone for good.. when accessing email best to use a client like windows live mail, outlook etc. so it downloads a copy of the email from the server..
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Sololobo
Wise owl
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

paultechy wrote:
hiya @Louisah10 if this was done via webmail, then sadly is gone for good.. when accessing email best to use a client like windows live mail, outlook etc. so it downloads a copy of the email from the server..

https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...

Deleting emails from Virgin Medial Mail should initially only move them to the Trash folder. Only when they are deleted from the Trash folder will they then become unrecoverable. 

EDIT: See this thread: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Trash-Folder-how-long-does-it-remain-before-deletion/m-p/3... post #8 from BenMcr - 

"There is no deletion on any folder at present in the new webmail. That applies to Trash, and Spam (if you have it turned on to deliver emails to the Spam folder)

The only current way that emails could be deleted without you manually doing it in webmail is either if you have a Filter set up that has a 'discard' action in it, or if you're using an IMAP client to connect to webmail, and delete messages via that client."

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
0 Kudos
Louisah10
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you,
This is what I thought but it has only saved emails dating back to last Friday in the trash, anything before that (including the much needed email) just isn't there! It the same in my iPhone too!
0 Kudos
Sololobo
Wise owl
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Louisah10 wrote:
Thank you,
This is what I thought but it has only saved emails dating back to last Friday in the trash, anything before that (including the much needed email) just isn't there! It the same in my iPhone too!

Check your iPhone mail client configuration, there may some setting there which is deleting emails after a set time.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Trash-emptied-after-1-week/m-p/3048485#M116137 post #8

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
0 Kudos