Menu
cazz
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Your session has expired - keep getting logged out of webmail

I'm a secondary user on the email account - not sure if that's anything to do with this problem ? Every 15 minutes to half an hour it seems the webmail keeps flashing up that my session has expired - a small box flashes on the screen for me to imput my password but it never stays on long enough for me to write anything in it - it just keeps flashing on and off. I have to log off and on again at least twice, sometimes more, for it to work again, only for it to happen again a short while later.

I have in my settings for automatic sign out after 1 week.

Any ideas because it is very annoying.......

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Your session has expired - keep getting logged out of webmail

Hi cazz,

Apologies for this annoying problem. Yours is the first report of this that I've seen so I hope you don't mind if I have a couple of questions for you:

1. What browser are you using?
  2. Do you get the same problem if trying a different browser?

Also, when you say you are a secondary user, do you mean that you are using a secondary email account? Or are you using an alias linked to the same mailbox as the primary?

Just to explain, the way blueyonder emails work are:

A default mailbox name - tm1234567@blueyonder.co.uk (which can be, and may have been, renamed to something more memorable).

3 aliases linked to above mailbox - testmail1@blueyonder.co.uk & testmail2@blueyonder.co.uk

All aliases will share the same password as the mailbox address.

Or you could have set up a completely new mailbox, with a different password and it's own linked aliases.

Hope that helps, though not sure if it reads like gobbledygook - if it does let me know and I'll try to express it better.

Smiley Happy

Jen

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
MikeO1
Joining in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I am also having the same problem. It started today. Using Chrome browser. Agree, it is very annoying. The new email system seems to be lacking in adequate stress testing before introduction.

0 Kudos
MikeO1
Joining in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I have just checked my mail settings & it is set for Automatic sign out after 1 week - but it is lucky to last 5 minutes!! Virgin, get it sorted.

0 Kudos
pellattuk
Tuning in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Its us thats getting the stress testing
CarolinaMoon
Dialled in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I'm having same problem. When I sign in it lasts only a few minutes. Sometimes I can get back in by giving password and sometimes it goes to the OXsuite page and I have to wait ages and try again.

0 Kudos
cw1ntev
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Ditto here, if I do get to type in a password in the "log back in box" then it is rejected as wrong. Sometimes the OX suite appears. Sometimes system unavailable try later.

Pretty unreliable, feel like it is tottering along and falling over....

Tried setting up a filter I had in old google hosted system and just got "error 302" which scores well for being minimal help. Tried redoing 3 or 4 times (between being timed out several times) same 302 error.

It is like a nightmare adventure game :

"you will not progress"

"all you touch turns to dust"

"The world crumbles away beneath your feet"

There is no one here to hear you scream!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi All,

Apologies for the recent email problems, this was due to an intermittent mail server fault that caused login issues.

This fault has now been resolved so hopefully your email access has been restored, though if you're still experiencing any troubles please let us know and we'll gladly investigate.

Apologies again for any inconvenience caused.

Rgds

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
SRW912
Settling in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I've just started getting this problem. Its driving me nuts as I'm trying to refer to several emails and once found them it invariably says my session has expired and refreshes to the recent inbox and just cycles around this process for some time.

I can probably cope with the changes in layout which are a nuisance, but this makes it almost unusable

0 Kudos
SRW912
Settling in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Now the system tells me that my email account is locked and to call 150. That just tells me that the email service is out of action for many customers. Wonderful.

0 Kudos