Menu
geoffwhittaker
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Yahoo

I hope someone can help.  I am with Virgin email but for ease of use kept my sky email address when I moved over and this is run by Yahoo (I know a bit complicated).  I have forgotten my password to get into my sky email and no matter how much I try I cannot get to retrieve it from Yahoo as it keeps asking for a password I don't know.

The strange thing is my laptop is ok as I don't need to sign in to my email, but my iPad and phone keep asking for my password and I can't use them.

Is there any way that Virgin can help get me my password

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Yahoo

Short answer is no. How would VM possibly have access to it , say through a lost password retrieval mechanism on it's web mail which VM has for its own e-mail service. Yahoo must have a log-in question on its web mail service to enable you to retrieve a lost password.

The answer to your Apple devices question might lie here with suitable adaptions for the different server names involved:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Ipad-Iphone-SMTP-why-deleting-and-recreating-an-account-DO...

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Yahoo

Short answer is no. How would VM possibly have access to it , say through a lost password retrieval mechanism on it's web mail which VM has for its own e-mail service. Yahoo must have a log-in question on its web mail service to enable you to retrieve a lost password.

The answer to your Apple devices question might lie here with suitable adaptions for the different server names involved:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Ipad-Iphone-SMTP-why-deleting-and-recreating-an-account-DO...

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.