Menu
BTR
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Windows live mail

My Windows Live Mail has stopped working so how can I import my contact list into Virgin mail ?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Windows live mail

That all seems a bit drastic. Why don't you try a repair first? Guidance here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/livemail-email/repairing-windows-live-mail/5e5...

If you want to do what you are suggesting then Google for exporting addresses from WLM - do it as a comma separated *.csv file. Import into VM web mail using the import function in the address book. But be warned that the import is always problematic and that addresses imported this way are not easy t manipulate later if you want to set up distribution lists and the like.

In the alternative download a new mail client such as Thunderbird (from the Mozilla site). The address export and import instructions are similar but much more likely to be successful.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
BTR
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the suggestion, I tried the "repair" but it did not work. What has worked is a restore to before the last W7 update so I suspect Microsoft have stopped supporting WLM ! I dont think I will be allowing any more W7 updates.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

WLM has been unsupported for sometime. My version WLM 2011 works OK after updates so I don't think that was the cause. You must allow win 7 security updates until it ceases to be supported or you'll put your system at risk. Still it is working now.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos