Menu
Derring
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Windows 10 People App from Virgin Account

I have just upgraded to Windows 10 and added my email account (blueyonder.co.uk) and gmail account to the email app and both sync fine.

I cannot get my contacts into the people app from my blueyonder contacts. If I open the people app and check the accounts, I can see my gmail account, but not my blueyonder account. I have tried to add the blueyonder account, but it says it already exists.

If I open the email app and go to settings for the blueyonder account and choose Change mailbox sync settings (where it says options for syncing email, contacts and calendar, there is no option for contacts and calender.

Anyone got any advice?

Derrick

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Windows 10 People App from Virgin Account

I'm pretty sure the VM mail system doesn't support contact and calendar syncing,  which is why you can't find the option. 

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Derring

Welcome to our forum, I am sorry as Graham mentioned it can be fiddly to get the contacts across as it is not a protocol we support, however it is possible to export them to a csv file Exporting contacts from Virgin Media Mail and then in theory import them into the windows 10 app.

If you give it a go please let us know how it goes.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Derring
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have manually transferred my contacts to my GMail account. I have set the W10 App to access my Blueyonder and Gmail accounts and I can send blueyonder emails using the gmail contacts from within the W10 App, which means all contacts are now in one place and sync with my android phone

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Derring, 

Thanks for coming back and letting us know how things are Smiley Happy

We're really glad you've been able to get things sorted. 

If you have any further issues, pop back here and let us know.

In the meantime, don't be a stranger around the Community! Feel free to browse through the Boards and jump into a thread if you have any advice or tips that may be of use to others.

Take care, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos