Menu
rolydog
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Windows 10 Mail with two linked email addresses

Hi

I have set up Windows mail to send/receive email via my Blueyonder mailbox no problem

However I have one address (linked to the same account) for myself and one for my wife which I filter to separate folders on webmail but Windows Mail is ignoring the emails sent to the second (Alias)

Any suggestions (other than stop using!)

Roly

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
rolydog
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Windows 10 Mail with two linked email addresses

Hi

Just an update to say that I solved my issue and it was there all along

Windows Mail displays the email accounts you have added and also  "Folders": If you click on that link it displays all the folders and sub folders linked to the added accounts

By right clicking on any of the folders you can add it to the main display by selecting add to favourites  

Simples!!

R

All Replies
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi rolydog,

Thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear you're experiencing some issues with windows 10 mail.

I'm afraid I've not got much experience with windows 10 but I'll do my best to help you out. I've had a check of your account and need to clarify a few things with you first.

I'll send you a private message shortly (red envelope, top left hand side) to discuss this with you.

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Have you created the accounts separately under Windows Mail?

Virginia/Doctor9fan. If I have helped please give me Kudos.
0 Kudos
rolydog
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Yes both set up as separate accounts using imap but Windows Mail only picks up the primary address and ignores the second address

Just to clarify; on webmail I have set up an email filter rule that forwards all emails addressed to the second account to a separate folder

So it would appear that the filter is moving emails before Windows Mail can pick them up

Other than remove the filter any other suggestions?

R

0 Kudos
rolydog
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi

Just an update to say that I solved my issue and it was there all along

Windows Mail displays the email accounts you have added and also  "Folders": If you click on that link it displays all the folders and sub folders linked to the added accounts

By right clicking on any of the folders you can add it to the main display by selecting add to favourites  

Simples!!

R

Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi rolydog,

Really pleased you got it sorted. I probably would have struggled to work that outSmiley Happy

Thanks for explaining what you did though it's something to remember going forward.

Take care 

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
kcgre
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Same here! I have two linked addresses (one probably an alias from way back) that Virgin tell me they cannot separate (we need to keep both addresses but would like them separated).

I use Windows 10.

I use Windows Live Mail to separate them as it has rules to do so (so each address leaves mail to the other address on the server and neither of us gets the others mail).

Windows 10 Mail does not have any rules (why not Microsoft?) so I am stuck with WLM - but now Microsoft is stopping support for WLM!

Surely Virgin could separate them at their end?

0 Kudos