Menu
dafitonk
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Why is new email platform so SLOW

New virgin media platform is proving very slow to login, or to access emails once in, or to reply to emails. Any suggestions? Any one else experiencing this problem. As virgin media email platform is now owned by Talk Talk I have been trying to get support from Talk Talk - hopeless response as they say they no access to the platform to provide support. 

0 Kudos
wendye123
Dialled in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why is new email platform so SLOW

Yes I'm having this problem too.Smiley Frustrated

In fact had three attempts at login this evening - it 'timed out' the first two attempts.

Question for the Forum Team - Is this speed issue a general problem?

0 Kudos
hemelvirgin
Superfast
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

yes the little arrows are constantly going around & around & around & around etc.
0 Kudos
-Cal-
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I'm having the same I-N-C-R-E-D-I-B-L-Y S-L-O-W problem (I'm on @virginmedia.com).

When using my PC I like to keep emails up, but I've had to switch them off as it's slowing everything else down to a near stop (my current download speed at www.speedtest.net is 54mbps).  In the 20 years I've been using email nothing this bad (slow) has ever happened to me!

Once I've deleted mails from my Inbox I like to empty the Trash can too.  But now it can take from 30 seconds to the next day for the deleted mails to arrive in the Trash can. Smiley Sad 

HOPEFUL FOOTNOTE

I've been switching my email service on and off while writing this.  Part of that time the system was down for repair.  It's currently up again with (amazingly) the download icon no longer spinning!  Fingers crossed.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi dafitonk,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues accessing your email. Appreciate this is frustrating.

The problems you've been facing are the result of an issues we are experiencing with our new platform. The service maybe intermittent and slow at times. The fault reference for this is F004002045 and our engineers are currently working hard to get this fixed. My sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
johno57
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the same problem.  Thought it was my PC, but it seems it is quite wide spread.  Also getting a page coming up quite often, saying the site is under going technical work.  Has anyone got any idea on how long this will be going on for.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Wish I knew. It was going OK for me earlier, but it has officially been posted that the problems are back with a force (which my login problems attest to.) I can't even get signed in at the moment Cat Tongue

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
BriE
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Well have all the Virginmedia engineers gone to sleep? These problems are still prevalent as they where a month back.

Time to pull your fingers out VM.

0 Kudos