Menu
Mikethenike
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Why is Virgin email rubbish?

I live in London and have the fastest b/b speed but often have to go in through the 'secondary' account to access emails.

1. Nearly half the time hitting the reply to emails does nothing and I have to log out and back in again completing the 'robot' test.

2. There is no calendar facility with Virgin.

3. I cannot access Outlook.  Staff in the Virgin Media Shop in Bromley, Kent said I can't access Outlook but I could look on this Community site to find answers to the above. I've looked and I can't.

Can anyone help?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
malsiluk
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Why is Virgin email rubbish?

Mike,

As you may have worked out for yourself, the Virgin Media email system is very poor. In fact, I would challenge anyone to tell me a worse email system in this country. Yes, we know the TalkTalk one is not great and suffers from some of the same security issues as VM, but I'd vote for Virgin being the worst around.

The simple answer is to open a free account on either Gmail or Outlook.com. I have one of each and both are very good, unlike my old @ntlworld one.

When you say 'Outlook' I take it you are talking about the program that forms parts out Microsoft Office? If that is the case, then it should be able to be set up to receive VM emails. I currently have all my @ntlworld emails auto-forwarded to my Outlook.com email account (different from Outlook the software program) and that does the trick. It also has a good calendar/diary function in it.

All Replies
malsiluk
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Mike,

As you may have worked out for yourself, the Virgin Media email system is very poor. In fact, I would challenge anyone to tell me a worse email system in this country. Yes, we know the TalkTalk one is not great and suffers from some of the same security issues as VM, but I'd vote for Virgin being the worst around.

The simple answer is to open a free account on either Gmail or Outlook.com. I have one of each and both are very good, unlike my old @ntlworld one.

When you say 'Outlook' I take it you are talking about the program that forms parts out Microsoft Office? If that is the case, then it should be able to be set up to receive VM emails. I currently have all my @ntlworld emails auto-forwarded to my Outlook.com email account (different from Outlook the software program) and that does the trick. It also has a good calendar/diary function in it.

Mikethenike
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your confirmation that it is not just me Masiluk.

I did mean the free version of MS Outlook but when I tried to open an account and enter my VM email name it comes back that it can't find it and asks me to enter it manually, which I can do so far but then I don't know the details of POP (?).  As I said the staff in VM Shop couldn't help me either.

It took me 4 attempts to get into my VM emails today.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Mikethenike
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry I meant to add that when I attempt to enter details manually I have to enter server details of Account Type (POP3)?, incoming mail server and outgoing mail server (STMP) and I don't know what these are.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Mikethenike wrote:

Sorry I meant to add that when I attempt to enter details manually I have to enter server details of Account Type (POP3)?, incoming mail server and outgoing mail server (STMP) and I don't know what these are.

You can find all the settings you need here: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Virgin-Media-Email-settings/m-p/3166396#U3166396

Mikethenike
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Graham, I've looked at the link and it looks ok. I'll try the settings later on when my blood pressure has reduced!!!
0 Kudos
tomscribe
Just joined
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My friend go to Outlook on Micrososoft.
0 Kudos